type 1 introducing myself before I try out the new HYPOBAND

Type1insuliner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello fighters!! I'm a happy go lucky 33 year old lass who has been type 1 diabetic since 2008. I have had my share of struggle with highs and lows and put up with bullying at work and faced losing my job due to unstable blood sugars.....and I'm a nurse!! Nurses are supposed to be understanding aren't they??!! Well unless you are type 1 diabetic, you really don't have a clue the problems it causes. I have had to completely change my life around since being diagnosed and managed to get my Hba1c down from 11 down to 8 with a low carbohydrate diet and steady, low stress exercise. Though I need my Hba1c to get below 7 to have a baby, but for this to happen, I will be enduring more hypos at work on a busy surgical ward, and hypos at night. I need help, so I am going to trial out the new HYPOBAND and see whether it can help me in my battle to get my Hba1c down. Hypos can be scary things and it would be nice for my husband to have a little less worry about me not waking up with my night time hypos. So we shall see...............

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Hello fellow fighter! Hypoband looks really interesting, been reading some of the reviews with interest! :) x

Reactions: 2 people

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Ha ha, I often press 2/3 buttons on my phone when using it!!

Reactions: 2 people

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Only just heard about this! Am I right in thinking it's a cost of £150 up front and then just £2.50 a month? Might have to ask for the money for xmas...

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome, I hope all goes well for you with having a child and that you don't face any other problems at work :)