New member and hypoband trial

daved.smith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone I am just introducing myself as I will be trialling the new Hypoband over the next few weeks. I am a 38 year Firefighter with type 1 diabetes. I was diagnosed 23 years ago and injected insulin daily up until 5 years ago when I was put on the pump. It will be interesting to see how the hypoband performs as it sounds like a good idea in theory.

Reactions: 2 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
welcome to the forums, will be good to see what the hypoband will be like and hope you have good luck with it

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum :) people are very helpful and friendly here so if you have any questions even despite having 23 years of experience ask. Also please let us know how the hypoband trial works out.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi All at the Diabetes Forum,

Following the tremendous response both here, by emails and the dozens of calls per day, we thought it would be important to further explain the functions and capabilities of the HypoBand.

HypoBand is for people who experience cold sweat as a symptom of Hypo, and for people with Hypo unawareness.

HypoBand is to be worn indoors, whilst you are asleep, as you are unaware of Hypo symptoms during deep sleep and therefore, unable to treat yourself. During times like these, your caregivers / loved ones will be alerted to come to your aid.

Statistics have shown that the majority of severe Hypos occur in the early hours of the morning, 3 am – 7 am and or before lunchtime (1 pm). Therefore HypoBand has been developed on these main concerns of a Hypo sufferer.

Hypoband is not advisable for use during exercise. Due to the excessive perspiration produced, this could affect the sensors and influence the monitoring accuracy.

We welcome all the feedback, so the HypoBand Team can strive and continually improve the experiences of wearing the HypoBand.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
thats good to know as my personal awareness is getting low

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@Gaz-M If your personal awareness is low and you feel that you are having a cold sweat, the HypoBand will assist in providing confidence and regaining the controlling of a Hypo.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
@Gaz-M If your personal awareness is low and you feel that you are having a cold sweat, the HypoBand will assist in providing confidence and regaining the controlling of a Hypo.
I will look into it more once I am back to work