Autism: strong smelling fabric conditioner problem

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
This is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. Can anyone recommend a brand of Fabric conditioner I can use that doesn't stink to high heaven? If you know anyone who has Autism with sensory difficulties you'll know things that smell too strong can be a problem. It seems every fabric conditioner brand is competing with each other to make their brand smell intense for longer.

I have no need for any of that, I just want the fabric "conditioning" part of the product, what it was meant to do in the first place.

I any ideas please?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We use the sensitive skin fabric conditioners that tend not to have a overpowering fragrance.

Reactions: 2 people

MargaretR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We use the sensitive skin fabric conditioners that tend not to have a overpowering fragrance.
I've found that some of the sensitive skin ones smell too strongly for my liking.
The one which doesn't is Surcare. They do washing liquid as well. Sometimes I can buy it locally, or order 12 bottles at a time over the internet

Margaret

Reactions: 3 people
M

mrspuddleduck

Tesco do a fragrance free one for sensitive skin and as far as I can tell it really is fragrance free!!

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We stopped using Fabric Conditioner several years ago, partly due to my skin sensitivities, and party because eldest is autistic and hates fragranced washing products. To be honest haven;t really noticed the difference, use Fairy Non-Bio washing powder and a 40 degree wash, and always tumble dry instead of air dry (thankfully we have solar panels so no cost to run usually)

Reactions: 4 people

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
The one which doesn't is Surcare. They do washing liquid as well. Sometimes I can buy it locally, or order 12 bottles at a time over the internet

I found Surcare on Amazon and it says Fragrance Free on the bottle which it is. Just finished doing a wash end of last week with it and I'm thrilled to bits, there's no smell and my washing is all lovely and soft again.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
O .... the wife uses white vinegar ... yep // it leaves the fabric soft but not smelly. She just said don't use too much ... just a few table spoons in the final rinse ..

Reactions: 2 people