Making Two Weeks Frozen Dinners Ideas

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
Ok I'm going to be with out a main cooker and microwave for two weeks. I'll have a fridge freezer and a little double hotplate. I'm trekking across the Arctic Circle... lol just kidding. But I thought the best way to tackle this is to make up evening meals and put them in the freezer.
For breakfast I can make yoghurt or cook up an omelette or similar. Lunches can be salads and stuff like that.

So can you recommend anything I can make in bulk and then freeze portions that'll be easy to heat up. I'll take it out of the freezer in the afternoon to defrost and then heat it up on the stove for a quick and easy main meal after a long hard day of trekking.
600 - 700 kcals and under 10 carbs as I'm running on 15 to 30 carbs a day.

I'm already considering doing a meat and veg curry, I'll get 4 portions out of that. And with a pesto stir thru, fry up a variety of meat into 4 portions along with vegetables.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any kind of stew would work, maybe with some cauliflower rice/whatever to go with it.Was going to suggest low carb lasagne and a salad too but maybe stove top won't work there. Low carb pasta like zucchini and a nice sauce where you freeze the sauce and make the zucchini pasta fresh?

Reactions: 2 people

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Baked broccoli cream cheese. Broccoli, tub cream cheese, bunch spring onions , strong cheddar , bacon. Fry bacon,Boil broccoli and onions for 10 mins then combine all ingredients and bake for 30 mins

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have a slow cooker, that should give you additional options? I never fail to be astonished by some of the things I've just tried that have been excellent, like spare ribs, and of course, the beauty of the slow cooker, is its ideal for cooking some of the cheaper cuts of meat, do to their low, slow nature.

Do you have a microwave?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a wok?

I used to go camping with a gas stove, a wok and a spatula.
Full English breakfasts (minus beans)
Curries
Stirfries
Mince and ratatouille
Chicken breasts in parmesan crust...

They all came out of that wok. Sitting cross legged in front of the tent, knocking daddy longlegs out of the steam... Happy days.

Something like panfried chicken livers is very quick (had that last night)

You can certainly do a lot with frozen meals, but sometimes fresh is just great.

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I like the broccoli cream cheese, I'll do that one too.

If you have a slow cooker, that should give you additional options? I never fail to be astonished by some of the things I've just tried that have been excellent, like spare ribs, and of course, the beauty of the slow cooker, is its ideal for cooking some of the cheaper cuts of meat, do to their low, slow nature.

Do you have a microwave?

I don't have a microwave, but I do have a pressure cooker, which is like a slow cooker on crack. I normally do my bones in it, and yes it's awesome for the cheaper cuts. I did Lamb breast in there last night and it was just heaven. Spare ribs is a great idea, thanks.

You can certainly do a lot with frozen meals, but sometimes fresh is just great.
I agree, I always love fresh better. I'll be making my breakfasts and lunch fresh.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I like the broccoli cream cheese, I'll do that one too.

I don't have a microwave, but I do have a pressure cooker, which is like a slow cooker on crack. I normally do my bones in it, and yes it's awesome for the cheaper cuts. I did Lamb breast in there last night and it was just heaven. Spare ribs is a great idea, thanks.

I agree, I always love fresh better. I'll be making my breakfasts and lunch fresh.

My OH is a big pressure cooker fan, but I've actually never used it, so I can't make any comments or suggestions, but to be honest, with two rings, you should have loads of options.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are a lot of batch cooking type videos on Youtube that might give you some ideas.

Reactions: 4 people