Does anyone use a Nutrabullet

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting a bit stuck in no carb breakfasts- does anyone use a NutraBullet and what are your BG results please? Think they need apples or grapes to sweeten drinks which for me is a no no but am I missing something? Thank you

Reactions: 2 people

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I have started using mine again the last two days to try get more protein into me being a vegetarian . Mix was almond / soy milk,tofu,strawberries ,chia seeds and xylitol to sweeten,or you could use another sweetener .It tasted good :). I suppose u could substitute an ingredient for avocado or any other berries.Add ice perhaps,flaxseed etc etc...I hate the texture of tofu but it goes unnoticed in a smoothie.Blood sugar results were favourable .I had it between meals to stretch me out till next meal and keep hunger at bay :)!

hollyslot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i do, but i often get spikes! i try to be vegan as much as possible, i use 1.5 frozen bananas, 300mls unsweetened soya milk, about a tbsp flax seeds (or one of those linwoods mixtures), spinach, and frozen berries.

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds tasty :) @hollyslot but bananas have massive carbs so thats most likely giving u the spike!

mshumph

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I use mine to make green protein smoothies for lunch. I do not use fruit. I use a little stevia. I blend spinach or kale; cucumbers; avocado or grass fed butter; raw cacao; organic cinnamon; hemp hearts; chia seeds; a little stevia; ice cubes. I get very favorable results. I love the taste. But it is an acquired taste. Lol. If you can tolerate fruit, it would add sweetness. My husband, with no diabetic issues, adds frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries and vanilla extract. It's delicious. But the added fruit causes spikes for me.

mshumph

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I also use unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk.

mshumph

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cannot find the edit button to edit my comments. Lol.
I use either low carb Dutch chocolate whey protein or zero carb unflavored whey protein. Ok. I think that's it.

Silver5374

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, wife makes me one every morning, spinach, courgette, carrot, ginger, almonds, frozen pineapple and stevia and water. Lovely, took a bit getting used to drinking something green but that is mind over matter

Silver5374

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Or miss out the pineapple and use spinach, kale, courgette, celery, carrot and avocado, still use some stevia. Never in a million years did I ever think I would have one of these for my breakfast but I really enjoy them.