Water birth

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Midwife wife says I have to ask the consultant and diabetes nurse says the same and its unlikely.. im t2 on insulin during pregnancy. Im getting induced. Is this going to be a no no?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Things may have changed in 27 years but in both my labours I was attached to a foetal heart monitor all the time, so it's probably unlikely.

Yuste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I gave birth in May this year. Was induced. I tried hard for water birth but unfortunately wasn't allowed. Was on continuous monitor aswell. Although I got the wireless one so could at least stay mobile. You can still try asking the consultant.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't know for sure, but the drip to induce you may be an issue. I imagine they worry about hypos too.

I didn't have a water birth, but I had an active birth and was able to move around pretty freely :)

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think due to the monitoring and drips needed in induction it's not possible to have a water birth :( x

Elc1112

Hi Lexa,

I was told no when I asked a bout a water birth. Every hospital is different, though, so always worth asking. Worst they. Can say is no!

Em x