Got any good lo-carb cookbooks anyone?

AliB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been asked by a friend who is not very good at creating or inventing meals, if I could suggest any good cookbooks on low carbing.

Bearing in mind that we need to be gluten-free, does anyone have or know of any really good very low-carb but delicious recipe books you could recommend?

It is interesting to see the difference between one writer's idea of low-carb, and another's!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have "the low carb long term lifestyle", by Carolyn humphries. there are some very nice recipes, but a silly bit in the foreword about low carb not being suitable for diabetics. I did write to the author about it and,predictably, got no reply
Hana
Ps I think it's still in the Amazon inventory

Knapweed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like: The Low-Carb Gourmet by Karen Barnaby.
Nice introduction and some good low carb recipes.

Spiral

I have both Rose Elliot's veggie low carb cookbooks and there are some lovely veggie recipies in there. I also have the Celia Brooks Brown veggie book which has some lovley recipies in it, quite different to the Rose Elliot ones, and she has written several "omnivorous" low carb cookbooks too.

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
AliB

I have 3 low carb cookbooks - all equally good. I also have a friend who is gluten free and have used several of the recipes from these books.

The big book of low-carb recipes (Nicola Graimes)
The low-carb gourmet (Karen Barnaby)
The complete book of low-carbohydrate cooking (Elaine Gardner)

Rita