Work Problems

I am finding my tolerance to my suger levels altering while working, i.e. levels above 9 mmol/l giving me problems while working, but not when at home etc. when this level is no problem. Luckily I work with a fellow diabetic who spots the problem usually before me and makes me take time out. Having hyper's at work does however cause problems.
Is this problem normal - my job is fairly physical.
Kerry

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm an OAP T2 and NEVER get anywhere near 9, but if I get too close to 6( which is my personal limit) I tend to feel very leaden and walking makes my legs feel heavy. Is this the kind of thing you are describing?
Hana

Hi
yes it is, suddenly feel tired, lose concentration, unable to focus on computer screen, difficulty moving around due to vision and balance difficulties. workmates describe as 'me seeming to be spaced out and on another planet'. Sometimes get agitated and irritable when advised that I have a problem, I seem to want to fight through the 'barrier' instead of resting. Last time it happenend ended up with emulsion, gloss and floor paint all in one colour, brain just tripped out - employer really appreciates mis-tinting gallons of paint.
Kerry

Eliminator

Dislikes
People who talk ***** and tell lies.
Wow Kerry,

That is totaly the opposite from me and my son, we can both be in the mid 20's and feel great, full of energy and ready to go.

But if I go lower then 10 -12ish I feel week and dizzy and a bit wobberly.

Sorry can't help with any idea's for you. It's weird how people with the same thing are so different.

Shipper

I am the same as Eliminator, low in the morning, 10'ish, lunch then in the 20's for a few hours then back to 10 in time for Dinner.

If I get past 25 I feel like ****, listless and ready for a sleep, which is not an option while working. I then get cramp that is a real killer for 30 minutes or so. Not un-common that I will hit 30 at some point in the afternoon.

I long for the days that I can get my levels at a steady 10.

Ship