Securing pump whilst sleeping

Jemzor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had the vibe for a couple of months now and have become quite used to it (famous last words) although when I'm asleep I have it in my sleeping shorts but it does move around a lot and I often find its all over the place when I wake up. Also I sometimes sleep right through hypos as I don't hear it or feel it vibrate. Was curious as to how people secured it at night.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I secure my pump using the belt clip to the fromt off my pj bottoms. I normally sleep on my side or my back though, so wouldn't be such a good idea if I was to sleep on my front.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Use the belt clip and attach pump to shorts :)

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
I also use belt clip attached to front of pj bottoms.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use a insulin pump pouch, it's a lycra band with a pocket in, and i also use a running belt both available on eBay

Reactions: 2 people

Lexi_1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mushrooms, Rude people, Snakes
I've heard that some people sew a childs sock into their sleeping top and place the pump in that which keeps its quite close to you, which might improve the feeling of it during hypos

iHs

Mine either hangs around my neck in an old sock with a hole made in the toe part and a piece of elastic to create a lanyard or just shoved in the top part of my knickers

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just clip mine to whatever shorts I'm wearing with the clip that came with it. Mines never moved :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've had the vibe for a couple of months now and have become quite used to it (famous last words) although when I'm asleep I have it in my sleeping shorts but it does move around a lot and I often find its all over the place when I wake up. Also I sometimes sleep right through hypos as I don't hear it or feel it vibrate. Was curious as to how people secured it at night.

Just a query are you using the leather case that was provided if so this might be the reason you can not hear the pump alarm. I refuse to use the case and have told Animas it muffles the pump alarms and consider it not safe to use.

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just clip it to my top, sometimes its still there in the morning sometimes its not. I have a Medtronic and can hear the alarm and feel the vibration fine even when it goes a wandering...

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
My pump is either tucked in it's little belt pouch (www.hid-in.com) or clipped to the front of my pj bottoms. My alarm is loud so there's no chance of me sleeping through it! I'm on the Medtronic Minimed 640G. :)

Reactions: 6 people

bridkid_74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can really recommend the multiway hid-in pouch as mentioned by spicey245. I wear mine 24/7 and wouldnt be without. Not the chespest but i feel well worth the money. The company was set up by a lady who is t1 on a pump so she knows what a pump user requires.

Reactions: 4 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Yes, they are not the cheapest but definitely worth the money. They are soft, comfy and most of time I actually forget I'm wearing it! In fact I've just received another through post today so now I have a black and a white one. The lady who runs the company is really lovely too and was emailing me the other day to make sure I had received it okay. It arrived two days after I ordered it, fantastic service as I live on Isle of Man! :) She sends her bands all around the world.

Jemzor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all. Some good suggestions. Using the belt clip only for now and it seems to be OK clipped to shorts but will look into the pouches.

@CarbsRok I haven't used the leather pouch. I need a direct view of the screen due to cgm and tbh I don't really like it.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a soft belt closed with Velcro. On that belt is a matching soft case. I keep the belt loose so if I turn over in the night, the pump moves with me. It's never fallen off.

Sometimes I just use the clip.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks all. Some good suggestions. Using the belt clip only for now and it seems to be OK clipped to shorts but will look into the pouches.

@CarbsRok I haven't used the leather pouch. I need a direct view of the screen due to cgm and tbh I don't really like it.
I don't like the pouch either and just use the clip as you do due to CGM use :)

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I either put it in the pocket of my shorts or leave it loose in the bed :)