Personal Independence Payment

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had an assessment for PIP?

I've got one tomorrow and was wondering if anybody could give me a heads up about what's involved? What kind of questions they were asked? And what the outcome was in the end?

Thanks in advance.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
As far as I understand, they go through a standard set of questions and award points based on your answers. The questions are here: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system. Citizens Advice has downloadable guidance here: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales...e_payment_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e.htm.

But I don't have personal experience. We've received two letters so far from the DWP warning that my daughter will be swapped over from DLA at some point, together with dire warnings that she has to get 8 points (out of 86, I think) to qualify for what used to be middle rate and 12 for what used to be higher rate DLA, and pleas of thinly-disguised desperation NOT to contact the DWP about it, but nothing concrete so far.

Good luck. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Kate

Reactions: 2 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great thank you. I used to get DLA that's why I've had to change.
Pain in the bum to be honest!!
Will post how I get on once I've found out.

Indiana x

Reactions: 2 people

Elton1reg2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone had an assessment for PIP?

I've got one tomorrow and was wondering if anybody could give me a heads up about what's involved? What kind of questions they were asked? And what the outcome was in the end?

Thanks in advance.

Indiana x

Hi Indiana did you have your PIP assessment and what happened? I'm looking to apply myself any advice.thanks

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, yes I did have my assessment and unfortunately I wasn't entitled to it.
Your situation may be different to mine though so it's still worth a try. Good luck!