Bad Tummy

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello

I've changed from Regular Metformin to Metformin SR because I had a bad tum and it wouldn't go away. I've been on the SR for 3 weeks now and I've been getting on fine with it, everything back to normal. The last couple of days I've reverted back to a bad tum. I've gone through my food diary and cannot find anything that should cause it, my bg has been fine and I've been feeling good.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think I have a bug and my food is fresh.

Thank you.
Kim

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you started a new lot of tablets or had different brand, or anything? Maybe you have a bug or something you ate wasn't quite right. My default position is always to start with not linking things to diabetes.

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My meds have stayed the same as have the brands. Maybe it's just one of those things. I'm feeling good! I'll keep an eye on it. Just a thought, I have been quite stressed and not sleeping well, maybe that's it?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's as likely as anything else, if nothing else has changed.

Reactions: 3 people

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont use metformin. It makes my tummy upset, too. It is the possible side effect, as its written on the prospectus.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@KimG Sorry to hear this. Best wait and see a couple more days, then see your GP. I think the wrong thing to do would be to stop the metformin without telling anyone.
@Pilly Hello, welcome. If you start your own thread on this topic, people who can help will be able to concentrate on you.

Reactions: 5 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sticking with the Metformin as I don't think that is the problem I've been absolutely fine on it until a couple of days ago. I did have a traumatic Wednesday and have become stressed, I'm hoping it's that :happy: ...... and I hope I de-stress! :nailbiting:

Pilly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure that might be the case for you, di monitor it closely abd let see your GP if the situation continues.

AutumnWitch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sticking with the Metformin as I don't think that is the problem I've been absolutely fine on it until a couple of days ago. I did have a traumatic Wednesday and have become stressed, I'm hoping it's that :happy: ...... and I hope I de-stress! :nailbiting:

A lot of stress *always* upsets my stomach. Hope you de-stress and feel better soon. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Pilly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was not stress but a reaction to the meds, GP confirmed that it's part of the side effects even after using it for 12 years...I had to undergo several tests to find out what was causing my tummy upset for almost 2 years I suffered daily until I was taken off metformin. My tummy has been fine since I stopped taking it.

Pilly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks DeejayR, I will, but I am a bit of a dinasoar when it comes to technology but will try starting my own thread as you suggested.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi KimG, my guess is it's stress related or it could be a virus. I had tummy troubles for weeks once and eventually the GP found through testing that it was Giardia, which you can catch from anywhere. Hope you are feeling better soon.