Job's

james23

Hi there

I hav worked in IT for nearly 7 years now and had type 1 for a couple of years now. What jobs can types 1s do.....

Whats is a defiant no no and is a defiant yes for example the raf reserve the navy reserve

Cheers James

PlymouthDave

Other No's include:
Police
HGV Driver
All armed forces
Pilot
Diver

I'm not sure but I imagine Astronaut could be added to this list!!

Dave

james23

so all the FUN jobs then :( :( :( :( :( it could just be after bank hol blues but i am sick of is it switched on ect ect... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are loads of jobs out there that you CAN do. If you focus on what you can't do you're always going to be unhappy. I can't be a professional footballer, not because of diabetes, but because I'm not good enough. I can't help that, but I don't beat myself up over it. I'd like to be a rock star but don't have the musical talent. So I carry on my life looking for stuff I can do and enjoy doing.

It's not all bad - but get things out of your system here and you'll feel a lot better.

Sam.

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Gawd, not all the fun jobs in the least !!

I spent 18 months working as a ski instructor in Switzerland :), 9 months in america doing the same.
Heli-skiing, and hopeing to go avalanche skiing sometime. If the hubby agrees.

Nothing that involves frontline combat.
They can't even guarantee food, let alons insulin.
Not good for us.

What sort of work are you interested in?
There are a lot of jobs that we can do like that, but unfortunatly anything that has no predictability on time isn't going to be good for us.

There is plenty that we can do.

Gary Hall - Olympiad
Halle Berry - Actress
Brett Michaels - Rock star
Steve Redgrave - Rower
Anne Rice - Author
Adam Morrison - Basketball player
Nick Boynton - Hockey player
Bobby Clarke - Hockey player
Menachem Begin - Israeli Prime minister
Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev - President of Russia
George Lucas - Director and genius :D

So, you could be president of Russia, or Israel, maybe write another star wars?
Play professional baseball, rowing, or Hockey?

There are some things we can't do. But there's a hell of a lot more we can.

I know it sucks sometimes, it get sso frustrating knowing it's forever.
But look at what we can do.

james23

I am a qualified ocean diver 20m before i was disgnoised with T1. But on a year out to get my numbers sorted for a better chance of depth.

Cheers

silvermonkey

Hi...

I've been T1 for a number of years now. I've also been a police officer during that time, a delivery driver and have a 7.5 tonne licence. You can be a helicopter pilot with T1 too. So there are jobs out there!

james23

Thanks for all your posts i am just haivng a off day i know there is a far number of jobs out there

its my day for a rant sorry :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

98tillpresent

The Russian federation have a mandatory service system where when you are 18 you must enlist to the army for a year of service. This doesnt include people who are in higher education and people with disabilities....

....Is Diabetes in their list of disabilities? Not it isn't =D