Broccoli is good for you

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ming you could dust with flour, coat in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs. Or just dry the florets and dip into a thickish batter.
Deep fried cauliflower is delicious, but I'm not sure broccoli would be as nice.
Congratulations to that 10 year old. May he/she remain healthy for 100 years! 8)
How about steaming broccoli florets until faily tender ( about 14 minutes) and the frying with bacon?
Also cooked broccoli florets with salmon in a quiche is delicious. So should also work in a salmon and broccoli omelette

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cor! You are missing out. :wink:

Olives. Pick them up between thumb and forefinger from pot/jar/tin/packet, place in mouth and chew. The advantage of those deli counters is that they will let you try a bit of anything to see if you like it. I'm not so keen on the small, dark purple ones but love the big, fat, garlic stuffed green ones. They all have names but I can never remember them.

As for a sweet potato, peel it (or not, as you desire, personally I don't like the skin on a sweet potato as much as I liked the skin on an ordianary potato) and use it as you would any other potato. Cut into big chunks and throw them next to a joint of meat roasting in the oven, or boil, mash, chip, wedge, anything really.

I've got laods of really easy recipies for veggies because although I can cook, I like it quick and simple. Let me know if you want any.

wiflib

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I absolutely ADORE green olives stuffed wwith almonds. I don't much care for the black ones.
Oddly, I must have inherited my liking for green olives from my father. We never had them at home when i was young. My mother was chief shopper and doesn't like them, so they were never bought. She told me after my father had died that he liked them. although I was adult befor I everh had one.

Ming
do you live anywhere near me? If so come round and I'll teach you some recipes. I'll show you what to do with sweet potato, een though I don't much like them.
Hana

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Val, that sounds like a nice variation on the recipe. I'll give it a try - who knows, I might end up eating a lot of broccoli. :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I never met a vegetable that wasn't improved simply by adding salt and melted butter...

Mmmmmm... Melted butter... Agghhhhhh...

MING

:mrgreen: Hana I make it about 600 miles. But if you pop round I'll have the kettle on ! :twisted:
I am wondering how you get salmon (tinned) into an omelette or quiche ? Doesn't it make pink eggs? yuk! :shock: