What was everyone's blood when they go diagnosed?

Shazza98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 26 and only found out I was T1 when I moved house and changed doctors. My levels were 16 after fasting and was told I was really lucky to catch it when I did, even though I think I had been T1 for a good while before diagnosis x

Reactions: 6 people

CourCour'x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After losing 2 stone in a matter of three - four weeks, drinking tons of water and barely leaving the bathroom to pee; I became very ill and was rushed into hospital with a bm of 45. I was 10years old and very confused as to what was happening to me.

Reactions: 4 people

runner2009

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I was craving loads of full fat coke and drinking pints of the stuff and thinking this tastes amazing but got even thirstier from it. Was 2 days later I went to docs and was diagnosed so got sorted quickly.
Again have to chuckle. I thought both ice cold fizzy water was amazing too. I just kept pouring it down my throat. Then I got pomegranate juice and mixed it with 1/4 fizzy water and thought I was in heaven

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
i was BG 33 at diagnosis after ruining my family summer holiday by being in the toilet about every 15 minutes for 2 solid weeks
i cried i was so happy when they gave me a dose of insulin and i didn't have to go to the toilet for 5-6 hours

zubs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i was running to the toilet every 30 minutes, i stopped working, and lost maybe a stone in 2 weeks. i was drinking about 3 litres of fluid just at night as if i hadnt drank for days,and every 30 minute after drinking i was flying to the loo.i think i made it worse because i was getting bored of water so drank plenty orange juice aswel,,about 10 or more cartons a day.when i went to the doctor , i was told type 1 diabetes because my bg was so high.i also had ketones in my urine and was having memory losses and weakness. the doctor didnt give me medication for 2 weeks until furthur investigation. i panicked and stopped ANY form of potential carb or sudar containing food in my diet,it was basically small portions of kellogs k. i read every ingredient on any food,but to my utter disbelief, this was basically impossible, even kellogs k had sugars.so i went for the least energy content foods.my sugars came down to the 20s and then with glicazide they averaged to below 10. 2 years on, i am on metformin only and eating more normal foods but less sugars and carbs

wally78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had no symptons - just wasn't feeling normal. Bsl was 13.9 and ketones were 4.6

AimeeWells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine was well over 35, I had recently returned from a holiday, and I had been feeling off for the whole time.

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine were 27...
I went to A&E feeling pretty ok! I had been very tired and thirsty for a couple of weeks..and urinating all bloody night! then i started vomiting one night which went on for quite a while..but managed to rally myself around the next day..
I drove over to my dads house, (he was diagnosed type one at 23 years old - so i have the family genes to thank for it! haha)
He tested my BG and it was 27 so i went to hospital, was kept in for few days getting rid of ketones etc..
and 3 months later here i am!
But when my dad was diagnosed, his readings were off the scale at the time testing at around 40. he was very ill, they only found out because he passed out in the shower. he was in hospital for a few weeks. He is 47 now. My dad's brother also has type one.

devexity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had no idea mine was so exceptionally high: 1200 mg/dl - I was living in the US at the time. 66 mmol/L. I was 20 weeks pregnant and went into DKA and premature labour. Both the baby and I were given 50/50 chance of making it. He's the kid in my avatar.