Hello everyone!

altyanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am very happy to be part of this great community! I was diagnosed T2 in 2004 and have managed my condition very well (so far!!!). Took me a long time to accept things and at first thought I was "doomed" However I have a great Diabetic Nurse looking after me who is very supportive. My reading at the last review was 6.5 (after being 7.1 on the previous visit) and have lost 3 stone in the last 12 months (I know very slow). I have read some very interesting posts and cant wait to get involved in discussions, or even give advice from my own experiences.

Reactions: 8 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I am very happy to be part of this great community! I was diagnosed T2 in 2004 and have managed my condition very well (so far!!!). Took me a long time to accept things and at first thought I was "doomed" However I have a great Diabetic Nurse looking after me who is very supportive. My reading at the last review was 6.5 (after being 7.1 on the previous visit) and have lost 3 stone in the last 12 months (I know very slow). I have read some very interesting posts and cant wait to get involved in discussions, or even give advice from my own experiences.
Welcome, and well done on your weight loss. Slow weight loss is good, it's often more sustainable, and that's what really matters.

3 stone is to be congratulated however long it took. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

Hi altyanne, that's brilliant losing 3 stone in a year, most I've lost in a year is 1stone 5lbs. Please tell how you achieved it?

altyanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi altyanne, that's brilliant losing 3 stone in a year, most I've lost in a year is 1stone 5lbs. Please tell how you achieved it?
),
HI Liam. Not too sure how I did it but cut out bread completely, halved potatoes and that's it. I don't eat rice or pasta anyway but still eat a small cake at teatime! and crisps at weekend. Very odd.

Reactions: 2 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
wecome to the forums and community :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
),

HI Liam. Not too sure how I did it but cut out bread completely, halved potatoes and that's it. I don't eat rice or pasta anyway but still eat a small cake at teatime! and crisps at weekend. Very odd.

Hi altyanne, THANKS for your reply. Do you take tablets? Or Insulin for control of your Diabetes. Regards, Liam.

altyanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi altyanne, THANKS for your reply. Do you take tablets? Or Insulin for control of your Diabetes. Regards, Liam.
Yes - on Metformin 3 x 500mgs - nurse did put me up to 4 x 500 but this played havoc with my stomach so she dropped me down to 3 but wanted to give me another tablet. I refused (mainly because I already take 4 BP tabs) and that's when I decided to try and lose weight. I dropped then from 7.1 to 6.5 and I'm due for another review at the end of this month so will see if I have managed to stay at this figure (or go even lower!!)

Reactions: 2 people