Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fast day today. A couple of satsumas and a couple of apples for lunch. Cabin chicken breast and salad for dinner. Roll on tomorrow!

Reactions: 4 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
A veg soup, boiled eggs, sprouts in breakfast...
Hi all, I'm in Portugal on holiday, booked all inclusive b4 I was diagnosed so bit limited, breakfast best choice, egg, bacon,sausage & tomatoes cooked ch i n olive oil, been very good, but their diet rola cola made me feel quite ill!!

Reactions: 6 people

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Breakfast : Jam on toast
Lunch : Chicken sandwich , quavers
Tea : pork fried rice, with veggies
Snacks : Fruit belvitas, and a banana

Reactions: 2 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love Debbie and Andrew's 97%
sausages at <0.5 carbs per sausage a real diabetic's friend and available in most supermarkets, my usual Sunday brekkie is 3 sausages, bacon and scrambled egg, sugars well controlled. Tesco have then 2 packs for £5.

Reactions: 6 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Last night I did a low carb stir fry. Chicken, mushrooms, red onion, peppers and bean sprouts. Stir fry sauces send me sky high so I just use passata instead, need plenty of vitamin C cos I've got a streaming cold lol

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Porridge, breakfast, then just had bacon omelette , how many carbs she I be having each day? I need to lose weight!

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Porridge, breakfast, then just had bacon omelette , how many carbs she I be having each day? I need to lose weight!
Hi there, I just make sure everything I eat is under 5 & in lost 19llb in 10 wks

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, I just make sure everything I eat is under 5 & in lost 19llb in 10 wks
Hi, do you mean each otem of food has no more than five carbs in it? Well done in your weight loss! Very impressive.
I need to lose about three stone, so a long way to go, but I have only been on carb free for a week and have lost at least six pounds so I'm very hopeful I can do it, but must admit trying to replace bread, potatoes, rice is difficult.

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi, do you mean each otem of food has no more than five carbs in it? Well done in your weight loss! Very impressive.
I need to lose about three stone, so a long way to go, but I have only been on carb free for a week and have lost at least six pounds so I'm very hopeful I can do it, but must admit trying to replace bread, potatoes, rice is difficult.
Ye I just read the back of most things and other stuff I known from this site, try lidl protein rolls great substitute for real bread I can only eat half as so filling.

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ye I just read the back of most things and other stuff I known from this site, try lidl protein rolls great substitute for real bread I can only eat half as so filling.

So,is it 5g out of a 100g that is ok? Sorry I'm being a bit thick about this, and the protein rolls,are they bread then? Thanks Amanda

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So,is it 5g out of a 100g that is ok? Sorry I'm being a bit thick about this, and the protein rolls,are they bread then? Thanks Amanda
Ye I just check things are around 5g per 100g, ye they are brown seeded rolls around 10g per roll lovely toasted dripping in butter!! Or pate

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, I will have to check them out, I'm finding it a bit confusing at the moment but I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks for your help

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you, I will have to check them out, I'm finding it a bit confusing at the moment but I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks for your help
I was the same in July when I first joined but this site is brilliant I have never felt better, while ur in lidl try their full fat Greek yoghurt I have with strawberries,blueberries and raspberries quick and was breakfast. Check out the recipe forum too so u got plenty of choice & don't get bored.

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds yummy! I will check the recipes out thank you, I hadn't thought of yoghurt! Love the stuff.

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
8 chicken nuggets, 5 fish fingers, 3 vegetable fingers, 2 breakfast Muffin things that my gf makes (basically a small chopped up cooked breakfast muffin trays bite sized and good for when feeling hungry) and a pack of crisps.

not really an ideal day for eating but its been a lousy week and I needed cheering up :)

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have tried those rolls and they are lovely worth travelling to get them lol

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went off the Lidl rolls for a while after singing their praises. I just found that even half made me feel bloated but I read on here that someone manages to slice them into 3 and that works for me. Might sound a bit extreme but even less carbs and no bloated feeling after so thank you whoever it was. x I've still not managed to make a palatable substitute and it is nice to have something to dip in egg yolk or spread something on.

By the way, @Magsx1 took me ages to find them originally until I found out they are in the fresh bakery baskets and triangular shape so easy to spot x

norfolkboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots.
Working 6 - 2 today so :
Breakfast at work, honeydew melon, pineapple and nectarine////////2 cups fruit tea with sweeteners.
Lunch at home, 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps with red pepper hummus, lettjce, tomato and chicken...........small piece apple pie and ice cream.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 fried eggs on warm sour cream & chive scone
L: 1/2 avocado with tuna mayo, Roquefort cheese, rocket salad
D: 1/2 pack chorizo bites, slice of low carb lime and coconut cake

Also had 30g of Cadbury's chocolate:oops: Bought it to use for science experiment at school but didn't do experiment so have been left with several large bars. Couldn't resist:( Will donate remaining bars to the staffroom!