Off to St Ives on 13th September

salsasue

Looking forward to going on holiday for a week to St Ives and Lands End from 13th - 19th Sept, it's a coach holiday with day tours around the area, hoping the weather will at least be a bit kind but not expecting for miracles of course, dry days at least will do! :wink: :) Specially as have got into habit of daily long walk, looking forward to change of scenery, new walks etc and being able to be by seaside, yea! :) :D Will take my meter and strips of course plus need to have an hba1c done before I go then can see diab. nurse later in Sept when I return. Have been to Newquay but only for a long weekend, long way to travel from Berkshire though so glad to have a week this time!

Anyone in the forum from this area? if so perhaps you could advise of where to visit, specially in St Ives where will be located? Cheers in advance! Sue

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Salsasue, you won't find a better time to come to Cornwall, as soon as the Bank Holiday is over we usually get some decent weather! Your coach driver will know the best places to eat etc, they are like HGV drivers, homing in on the best value :lol: You will find St.Ives and the surrounding area soooooooo different to Newquay, not so angled at the young surfer, so I hope that's what you like :!:
Val

viv1969

I'm off to Marazion on 18th Sept, so I'll heading off just as you're heading home. I can't wait. I LOVE Cornwall!!!

salsasue

Firstly, thanks to everyone for the information and great, helpful links - will check them out and print off some bits to take down there, cheers! :D :D

Salsasue, you won't find a better time to come to Cornwall, as soon as the Bank Holiday is over we usually get some decent weather! Your coach driver will know the best places to eat etc, they are like HGV drivers, homing in on the best value You will find St.Ives and the surrounding area soooooooo different to Newquay, not so angled at the young surfer, so I hope that's what you like

This sounds excellent, many thanks! :D :D And no, I've never tried or fancied trying surfing though I've been for a weekend in Newquay though it's quite a few years ago! Getting exciting and looking forward to going very much so, nice that I've got to the pre-hols goal weight I wished for, well a couple of pounds under actually and got a few smaller sized clothes too, Cornwall I - nearly - come! :)

Viv69 wishing you a great holidays too!

salsasue

I have returned and very much enjoyed the break in St Ives including, for the 2nd week of September, we had El Fabioso weather!! :D :D Not one rainy day in just under a week, yea! :) Lovely place, great walks and mucho enjoyo! Only thing, did unfortunately catch a cold/sore throat on the coach journey home which has made me feel not so great this past week but am feeling better and much more clear-headed/nosed today! Hoping the trip to Marazion went well too, we had a temporary stop there one day also, is really nice place! :D

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Salsasue, really glad you enjoyed your holiday, I told you the weather would oblige,lol. It is still pleasant, but the first leaves are just drifting across the lawn :( Still can soon look forward to the Christmas lights :lol:
Val

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Glad you enjoyed Cornwall Sue
Berkshire has been pretty sunny too.
Hana
in Tilehurst

viv1969

Glad to hear you had a fab time Sue...we did too! great weather and we also visited St Ives for an evening. Lovely place......though with some VERY narrow streets!

We have both also come home with horrible colds, and I currently feel like poo...but this too shall pass, as they say.

We had a wonderful break, one we needed very badly....but oh, it's nice when you get home to your own bed.