Complications

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Has any of you developed kidney complications? How did you find out? How are you coping and what have you done for it?

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a bladder condition, but my kidneys are fine. I do seem to get a lot of kidney infections though. Sorry to hear you are dealing with kidney complications, how long have you been dealing with this? or maybe you're wondering if you have? If you have worrying symptoms, hopefully you're able to get in to see your doc for a check up if you're not sure. :)

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a bladder condition, but my kidneys are fine. I do seem to get a lot of kidney infections though. Sorry to hear you are dealing with kidney complications, how long have you been dealing with this?
I'm not diagnosed with kidney problems.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I'm not diagnosed with kidney problems.
Are you worried about getting them? If your blood sugars are well controlled then you are not at risk of diabetic complications.

How long have you been diagnosed with T2 and what is your latest HbA1c blood test result?

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just had my blood test today and my creatinine levels and urea are normal range. Does this mean I have okay kidneys? I have a doctor appointment tomorrow but I wanna hear your opinions too.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just had my blood test today and my creatinine levels and urea are normal range. Does this mean I have okay kidneys? I have a doctor appointment tomorrow but I wanna hear your opinions too.
yep, sounds good to me :) My understanding is that you have kidney problems you would have some if not a lot of pain. I know from just having kidney infections quite a few times that it is the type of pain that you can't miss. If docs have concerns about your kidneys they will do all the tests which usually also includes an ultrasound of your kidneys as well.

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
yep, sounds good to me :) My understanding is that you have kidney problems you would have some if not a lot of pain. I know from just having kidney infections quite a few times that it is the type of pain that you can't miss. If docs have concerns about your kidneys they will do all the tests which usually also includes an ultrasound of your kidneys as well.
Even if I have normal urea and creatinine, I can still have kidney problems?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Even if I have normal urea and creatinine, I can still have kidney problems?
Yes, because there are many different tests they can do on the kidneys. Good luck with the doctor's appointment, let us know how you get on.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi if your sugar is constantly between 10-20mmol can you develop. Complications
Definitely, anything over 8.5 increases the risk of complications.

jummybay

Then how can I bring it down am Really fed up with this condition. This morning. It was 107mmol by noon it was 401mmol after eating rice n a malt drink. Now am having pains and burning sensationsin my right foot

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I do have some small discomforts around my kidney areas tho. I hope I'm not dying.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you very much, this helps me freak out less. I honestly need to be calmed down. My anxiety is so bad.
Your doctor can help with the anxiety by referring you to a counsellor and discussing whether medications would be suitable.

violadavis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I just got back from my doctor and thankfully I have no complications and he gave me new meds for my blood glucose.

Reactions: 6 people

jummybay

Pls what are the new meds she/he gave you. Am interesteD. Ihave been managing mine without a doctor and my BG is going down am afraid of complications pls HELP ME

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pls what are the new meds she/he gave you. Am interesteD. Ihave been managing mine without a doctor and my BG is going down am afraid of complications pls HELP ME
It;s a good idea to have regular diabetes check ups including blood tests.