Rugby World Cup

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Congrats Australia... here in NZ we would have rather been up against England as Australia are a tougher opposition at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
1443950627338.jpg

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Support the home nations? Given the performances so far, Japan all the way ;)

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I will always support the All Blacks but I'd love to see Ireland do well and get as far through as they can. Also have a soft spot for Wales.

As long as South Africa don't win I'll be happy... never forget 1995 ;)

Yes remember 1995, and South Africa are on the way to the finals, love it if they take out the All Blacks :mad:

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Sorry England, but now Sa probably meet Wales in the Semi Final ?
Should be a good match, ill enjoy the singing and the Springboks success !!;)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Yes remember 1995, and South Africa are on the way to the finals, love it if they take out the All Blacks :mad:
I don't mind if we get beaten fairly on the field.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That result only highlighted what we knew already. Under pressure this England team had no leaders and was poor at decision making (Robshaw's no kick decision against Wales is the third or fourth time he's made that kind of error) and that our selection policy has been shot to pieces - choose a fly half and stick with the selection, and in the run up, Ford was the outstanding fly half, not the son of the back's coach, oh, cough. Our inability to win a Grand Slam in the last few years kind of hammers this home, in what, in all fairness, has been a poor Six Nations competition for that period.

Add to that the complete unwillingness to play the guys who have gone to France or elsewhere, or had a bit of the dog about them (Armitage, Hartley, Cipriani) and you find that England couldn't field their best possible team (even for a home world cup) and were hampered by dogma.

I hope that we see Lancaster go (he's no Clive Woodward, whatever anyone says, and losing out in the groups of your own World Cup is truly a disaster and doesn't deserve another four years) and we take a long hard look at how we build the England team. The policy of ignoring the French based players and messed up selection has really killed this one. Sadly, the infighting and narrow self interest of those in power at the RFU probably means we have another 20 years to wait before we see any change.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Anyone watch South Africa thrash USA last night ?
Guess the Springboks know from the Japan game what it feels like.
And nice to see that Lomu,s record for tries has been matched.
So now we play either Australia or Wales depending on who looses on Saturday, that i guess could be Wales ?
Don't think the South Africans really mind, SA / Australia could be a good match as well, with the Springboks playing as they are.
Anyone supporting South Africa yet ??? ( Apart from me ;))

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Just watch out for US sneak attacks!
Who wants to bet on "Springboks vs Seal team" (I fancy Springboks for that one:woot:)

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guess the Springboks know from the Japan game what it feels like.
And nice to see that Lomu,s record for tries has been matched.
So now we play either Australia or Wales depending on who looses on Saturday, that i guess could be Wales ?
Don't think the South Africans really mind, SA / Australia could be a good match as well, with the Springboks playing as they are.
Anyone supporting South Africa yet ??? ( Apart from me ;))
Being welsh I think even more pressure is on us to win on Saturday now. Don't fancy meeting you in the quarters!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Being welsh I think even more pressure is on us to win on Saturday now. Don't fancy meeting you in the quarters!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Jokes aside, i think SA, would prefer Wales if they had a choice, but both are very good teams, and on the day the best side will win. New Zealand is still out there
Someone said to me this morning that the world cup only really begins in the quarter finals and i think it is true this year.
Some good matches are coming up

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
when that was happening, Oi was Oirish:rolleyes:

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've been backing NZ, Wales and Ireland so I'm sad for the Welsh but happy for the Irish. Bring it on!

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Im hoping that France will take out NZ so that South Africa don't meet them.;)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: 4 people