What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled eggs & bacon, coffee with cream

Celeriac Soup

Beef Chilli, with grated cheddar, tomato salsa, soured cream and veggies

Reactions: 10 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Porridge, almond milk, chia, yogurt, cream, few dried cranberries & Truvia
Mid morning 2 jelly babies. 1 slice bread & butter, low sugar marmalade
L. Soup. 1 Rich Tea biscuit & Tea
D. More soup, 2 ryvita. Stewed Apple, sultanas. & cream
B.s. Reading 30 seconds ago 6.6

Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
S: LC hot choc
L: crustless quiche with coleslaw (bored with that now! Different tomorrow!)
D: Goan curry (paste) with various veg, but especially aubergine. And mini Moser Roth 70% choc bar.

Not enough walking today. Should be able to do more tomorrow. And Friday will be dogs on beach day! :D:D:D

Reactions: 8 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - mixed seeds and a couple of strawberries with greek yoghurt - again a tiny drizzle of agarve nectar
S - mini mixed nut snack pack
L - mixed green salad with egg mayo and last of mackerel strips
D - Cauliflower cheese with the cheese sauce left from last night, small portion strawberries and cream
Not enough walking today. Should be able to do more tomorrow. And Friday will be dogs on beach day! :D:D:D
Wish I was joining you on the beach with my doggy! Am very jealous :bigtears:

Reactions: 10 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am taking my dad to a hospital out patient appt tomorrow. They rang him to organise lunch - he told them I was diabetic and they said they would provide a diabetic lunch for me - am very curious to see what I'll get! I'm betting on a sandwich in brown bread - anyone else want to take a punt?? ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am taking my dad to a hospital out patient appt tomorrow. They rang him to organise lunch - he told them I was diabetic and they said they would provide a diabetic lunch for me - am very curious to see what I'll get! I'm betting on a sandwich in brown bread - anyone else want to take a punt?? ;)

With crisps and a sweet fruit yog!

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hahaha yeh - maybe they'll throw in a carton of fresh, unsweetened pure orange juice too??
Can see my dad leaving that place stuffed to the hilt with 2 lunches!

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday - a long day
B (5am) - bacon and buttered coffee
Second breakfast !! (10am) - more bacon and coffee
L - 2 chicken drumsticks and some crayfish tails with salad
D - mixed grill with a pint

S - another pint!

suehatton

Yes I love it too (tesco )one pot does me twice, I've tried freezing it but it becomes a bit soggy.
B. 1 sliced toasted Burgen bread with cheddar
L. 97% chipolata x 3, 3 rashers bacon& 1 fried egg
D. Lamb leg steak and the above-mentioned cauliflower cous cous, 4 Thornton's chocolates - I know!!!!
Yes but I bet before reading this thread it would have been 10 ( or 20) Thorntons chocolates. Reporting back kinda makes you stop before you trough imho

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Yes but I bet before reading this thread it would have been 10 ( or 20) Thorntons chocolates. Reporting back kinda makes you stop before you trough imho
You're so right! I didn't even enjoy them

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking at your B, L & D meals, what carbs are there in those foods? Don't mind me asking, I hope, as I'm still new to this carb business. I'm eating very low carb stuff., like this morning..porridge chia, yog little cream, few dried cranberries & Truvia. After 3 hrs bloods were 4.3, so had 2 jelly babies slice bread & low sugar marmalade. Lunch was home made veggie soup with chick peas. Don't know about Eve meal yet.
B: 5g carbs for 125g yogurt, 2g for flax & nut mix
L: 7g carbs for the salad stuff, 12g carbs avocado (but it is over 80% fibre), 1g carbs for the chicken, 4g for raspberries
D: 4g carbs for 145g courgette, 4g carbs for homemade bolognese (small helping), 2g carbs for 3tblsp parmesan, 1g carbs each for jelly & cream cheese cloud.
Total carbs for the day 43g - I use MyFitnessPal to record it all. When I was losing weight I was down around 20-25g carbs per day. Still keeping under 50g but trying to maintain weight now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: 5g carbs for 125g yogurt, 2g for flax & nut mix
L: 7g carbs for the salad stuff, 12g carbs avocado (but it is over 80%) fibre, 1g carbs for the chicken, 4g for raspberries
D: 4g carbs for 145g courgette, 4g carbs for homemade bolognese (small helping), 2g carbs for 3tblsp parmesan, 1g carbs each for jelly & cream cheese cloud.
Total carbs for the day 43g - I use MyFitnessPal to record it all. When I was losing weight I was down around 20-25g carbs per day. Still keeping under 50g but trying to maintain weight now.
Wow, excellent, I don't know how you manage to count all those carbs. I presume I could get a book which would tell me, for instance how many carbs in cooked carrots. When I see the carb No on pkging, it includes other things & I stand there scratching my head. I know I've lost some weight this last 2 weeks, but don't know how much, I'm waiting for my clothes to hang off me, lol!

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
B: Almond butter bread with butter & smoked salmon
L: 2 eggs fried in butter, greek yogurt, flax & chopped nuts, blueberries & cream
D: Sliced avocado baked in parma ham with Brussels sprouts, cream cheese cloud with jelly & loads of grated dark chocolate

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, excellent, I don't know how you manage to count all those carbs. I presume I could get a book which would tell me, for instance how many carbs in cooked carrots. When I see the carb No on pkging, it includes other things & I stand there scratching my head. I know I've lost some weight this last 2 weeks, but don't know how much, I'm waiting for my clothes to hang off me, lol!
Couldn’t do it without using http://www.myfitnesspal.com! Other online counters are also available. I have never used a book but have seen a number of references to ones that others use on this forum.I think there is one called Carbs & Cals on Amazon. Keep up the good work and hopefully the weight will come off - assuming that’s what you want, of course!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I just started with My Fitness Pal on my phone - already had the app (must have come with the phone!) I can't work out what the percentages should be. I put in 45g of carbs and spread the remaining percentage equally between protein and fat then worked out what I ate yesterday, which I thought was an average day, and it highlighted that I'd eaten too much fat and nowhere near enough protein. What percentage of protein does everyone else use?

Well today I have got a streaming cold with some high bg readings so I am not hungry at all.

Breakfast: Chocolate chia seed pudding using 2 tbs chia seeds

Lunch: The way I feel? Probably not. The only thing I fancy is baked beans on toast which is a definite 'no-no'.

Dnner: Probably (if I feel like it) some more of that aubergine cheesecake I had yesterday. Not sure about salad though - even the thought makes me feel a bit :eek::arghh: :dead:

suehatton

Im going to stop using MFP now Ive got the hang of the fat/carb/protein ratio. I'm always eating to my MFP limits rather than to my hunger.

Reactions: 7 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
What fat / protein / carb ratio do you use? I must be doing something wrong :(