Breakfast Ideas

lorraine39

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just wondering what people have for breakfast?

I'm currently taking 80mg Gliclazide, 1000mg metformin and 10 mcg byetta

I've never been a breakfast person the thought alone makes me feel sick!

I eat in the car due to my job and currently eat cereal bars, not the greatest but my dietician lets me get away with it! Trouble is some of them are so sweet, I don't have a sweet tooth especially in the morning.

So I'm hoping people can give me inspiration and other ideas for breakfast.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. First, stop eating cereal bars; they are loaded with sucrose and fructose. I would also question whether you need a dietician as they often don't have a clue? Follow the diet advice on this forum and it should help. I have eggs and bacon and sometimes a small portion of home-made museli with no added sugar.

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would ditch cereal bars altogether and have boiled eggs before you leave home. It's actually quite calming to sit down with tea and boiled eggs or yogurt with fresh berries for five mins. You could buy small pots of live natural yogurt and add berries at work.

Reactions: 4 people

gypsy64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi There. I,m new to the forums and have been T2 for 6 years and the past 2 and a half years my hba1c was off the wall and getting worse thanks to the so called dieticians telling me to eat healthily as I have been doing for 20 years before I was diagnosed weighing 6st 7lbs. Not a good idea. I came on these forums just to see what was going on in the type 2 world. I was blown away with the most important info I read. Lo carbs. I read your forums on Sept. 4th and by the 6th I was into figures below 9 yippee. and still there between 4 and 7.6 at worst. I take 160g gliclazide morning and evening and 1000g metformin the same times. I was interested in the making of almond bread but I have found a locarb bread in Morrisons. £1.60 and only 3.8 g carbs per slice and for my breakfast I have 2 slices of it (very filling )with 2 eggs any way I feel like on the morning and 1 grilled tomato, and sometimes 2 grilled lincolnshire sausages and my bg around 2 hours later is usually around 6 and I am so happy at having had a wee browse in September. My nurse was actually pleased when I said it was lo carbs that had done the trick so I now don,t need to go back to her until next June. My yearly review. Soooo happy I am. I,ve got other food ideas that I,ve discovered for myself, not a lot but some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Eddie_S

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just been to see the D nurse for the first time and have been recommend to go on the Desmond course?? I am reading all this stuff on this site and am perplexed. My reading was 7.1. I am at present trying to get to grips with the carbs and cals that I need to reduce. Anyone who can help with diet would be welcome as there are lots of advice that contradicts. Thanks

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have just been to see the D nurse for the first time and have been recommend to go on the Desmond course?? I am reading all this stuff on this site and am perplexed. My reading was 7.1. I am at present trying to get to grips with the carbs and cals that I need to reduce. Anyone who can help with diet would be welcome as there are lots of advice that contradicts. Thanks
Hello Eddie_s, welcome,i will tag @daisy1 for the info for new posters,have a read and come back with your questions,clive