What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I use cream cheese to bind it. I'm funny with cauli mash, I really enjoy a very tiny portion but I can't eat any more than 3-4 forkfulls. It reminds me of baby food for some reason although I've only ever made it with a stick blender, perhaps I'll give it another try using the food processor.

Day off, so...

Breakfast: Not hungry

Brunch or lunch: Pancakes with cream cheese (which are yummy) topped with lemon and a sprinkle of splenda

Dinner: Sirloin steak, cabbage fried in butter then cream cheese and fresh grated parmesan stirred in. Roast cauliflower.

Supper: Probably brazil and/or walnuts.

Is anybody else finding three meals a day a bit much?

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I can't stand the stuff. HID has been making this Cauli Purée for years, I'd prefer to just have it steamed but my vote doesn't count.

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have you tried it roasted? It's lovely.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ref cauli mash: a disintegrating cauliflower goes everywhere, even in a blender (I find), so you might try putting it in a plastic bag and bashing it with something. DO NOT seal the bag with air in before hitting it because it may explode and you will be finding cauliflower in unexpected little places for weeks.

Reactions: 5 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Y'no what, after reading all the comments about cauliflower, I am going for the roasted one after all. Thanks everyone.

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use cream cheese to bind it. I'm funny with cauli mash, I really enjoy a very tiny portion but I can't eat any more than 3-4 forkfulls. It reminds me of baby food for some reason although I've only ever made it with a stick blender, perhaps I'll give it another try using the food processor.

Day off, so...

Breakfast: Not hungry

Brunch or lunch: Pancakes with cream cheese (which are yummy) topped with lemon and a sprinkle of splenda

Dinner: Sirloin steak, cabbage fried in butter then cream cheese and fresh grated parmesan stirred in. Roast cauliflower.

Supper: Probably brazil and/or walnuts.

Is anybody else finding three meals a day a bit much?
Re 3 meals a day........people are so different. A little group of us go out to eat now & then, 2 of the group pick and poke at the plate and leave 1/2 of it, saying they are full and have had plenty, couldn't possibly eat a dessert!! The other 2 of us (me being 1 of them) eat everything on our plates, I usually go for cheese at the end of the meal and a little nibble of the crackers. I've always had a good appetite, they say you don't want as much as you get older - suppose I'm not older yet. lol

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Sunday

Brunch: Bacon, cheese omelette, mushrooms, baked beans.
DInner: Chicken breast wrapped in smoked bacon, peas, mash, roast asparagus (in the evening as at footy in the afternoon.)
Supper: SF Hot Chocolate.
Snacks: Irish NAS Diet yoghurt, Funsize pear, Microwave popcorn (Smallish portion,) Cheese cubes.
One glass of Rose wine in the evening

Reactions: 7 people

suehatton

B. 2 Burgen toast with butter and cheese spread
L. Roast chicken and coleslaw
D. Gammon and cauli ( which was horrible)
S. Nuts, babybel, funny feet

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 1 burgen toast with cheddar
L. Bacon & eggs
D. Cod in Provençal sauce with cauliflower rice
S. 3 strips crispy bacon, 5 walnut halves

I find it easier to stick to the same half dozen meals, too much variety makes me eat more, I've experienced strong carb cravings this last week or so. Any tips?

suehatton

B. 1 burgen toast with cheddar
L. Bacon & eggs
D. Cod in Provençal sauce with cauliflower rice
S. 3 strips crispy bacon, 5 walnut halves

I find it easier to stick to the same half dozen meals, too much variety makes me eat more, I've experienced strong carb cravings this last week or so. Any tips?
The same happened this weekend for me. Ive been doing this 2 months and been fine but last week it was really hard to resist. Then this weekend it all just got too much, chinese and 2 pints lager on Friday, chocolate and crisps on Saturday, then I sprained my ankle Saturday evening and used that as an excuse to have more. Scales showed a 2lb gain this morning and that's such a shame because every lb I've lost has been hard won. So I've got no advice except maybe have a little indulgence so it doesn't lead to a lot

Reactions: 3 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: English breakfast 'muffin', smoked salmon, 2 fried eggs, mayo
L: smoked mackerel, rocket, pine nuts, cheddar, balsamic vinegar
D: beef meatballs in a tomato sauce, mushrooms, mozzarella, 6 sweet potato chips
S: made these peanut butter fudge bars: http://www.ruled.me/keto-peanut-butter-fudge-bars/ They are really nice!:hungry:

On school half term hols so looking forward to experimenting with recipes I have collected over the past 6 weeks. I hope cake and biscuits freeze well!

Reactions: 7 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 3 chipolatas. 2 egg cheese Omelette. 1 Ryvita
Snack. 1.1/2 Rich Tea biscuits
L. 1 Babybel 1 Ryvita
Snack Ryvita
D. 4 chipolatas. 1 large mushroom. 1 egg. 1 tomato. 1/2 hp Lidl roll

2 hours later Bs 4.1.... 2 Dextrose 2 slices toast, butter & low sugar marmalade.

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Almond butter bread & butter, 2 mini Babybel
L: Pheasant breast roasted in parma ham cauli & broccoli mash, jelly & coconut cream
D: Avocado & tuna salad, raspberries & cream
S: a couple of squares of dark chocolate

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1/2 Lidl Carpet Tile, 2xbacon, 2xfried eggs, 2xmugs of tea

L: Cottage Cheese with celery sticks, pepper slices and a couple of tomatoes

D: Chicken breast wrapped in Parma ham stuffed with soft goats cheese, broccoli, cauliflower & courgettes.

Choc Chia Pudding with raspberries and a splash of cream.

Choc Chia pudding is 2nd attempt and much better than the first. Made with coconut milk, cocoa powder and 2 squares of 85% plus sweetener.

Also made a Lemon Chia Pudd with coconut milk, lemon juice and sweetener, but it hasn't set as well. Might have to drink it.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cauliflower mash? I make the cauliflower rice now...... I presume the cooked cauliflower is "mashed"? Is it a bit sloppy though? I wouldn't mind betting something as added. Kindly let me know how you cook it.
I read a recipe when I googled cauliflower mash, which added swede to the cauliflower.

Reactions: 3 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I had a strange thing happen last night. Two hours after my dinner I tested at 3.9! I felt fine and was so surprised that I double checked it on my old meter. This is the lowest reading I've had in months so I'm not sure what happened after having had a steak / parmesan cabbage / roast cauli dinner. Very odd. I didn't feel at all hungry and I'd had sufficient calories and carbs (44g) for the day - so I ate one of those big beefsteak tomatoes which did the trick. An hour later I was 5.7 and my bed time reading was 5.3. My fbg this morning was 5.7 so I had a bit of DP but thankfully managed to head off a proper hypo. Thank goodness for regular testing!

Anyway, today is my Sunday (my second day off) so thats why the menu looks a bit Sunday-ish

Breakfast: a coffee with double cream in it.

Brunch: 2 low carb chipolatas, 2 rashers bacon, 1 fried egg, a grilled beefsteak tomato and a Lidl HP roll sliced in to three (if I can manage it) and toasted.

Dinner: Pan fried duck breast with a blueberry and wine sauce, roast cauliflower (again), roast courgettes, roast garlic, asparagus and purple sprouting broccoli

Supper: Probably 3 or 4 salami and cream cheese rolls if I'm hungry after my big dinner.

I lost 2lbs this week! First weight lost for four weeks.

Reactions: 10 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salami and cream cheese rolls are just cream cheese rolled up in slices of salami - not bread rolls filled with the stuff ... but you probably knew that. ;)