HbA1c result

Spiral

Don't usually post from work, but I just got the results from the HbA1c test I had last week and wanted to share with people who do actually know what it means without me having to explain!

What a palava :roll: They were back on Monday, but I couldn't get them because the doctor had not read them. I was supposed to ring back yesterday, but was out most of the day and forgot :roll:

Rang this morning, just to be told they were "normal" by the receptinsist. I asked for the specific number, she told me she wasn't qualified to tell me what it meant and that it wasn't there anyway and a doctor would call me. 2.30 and no doctors phone call (hardly urgent :roll: ) so I call back and another receptionist give me the actual result.

6% :mrgreen: down from 7% in May and 7.8% in March

I started metformin yesterday and expect to see more improvement at the next test, so keep a space for me on the 5% couch. Anyway, I'm really pleased and know that the 5s are in my sights!

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice and support over the last few months!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Well done Spiral.

Nice to see it's all working out for you.

Ken. :D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Good for you, Spiral!!

ATTA.gif

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Congratulations and well done Spiral. You give me confidence that I too will be able to lower my numbers.

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Congratulations Spiral - got my first HbA1c this week and was also 6% - so well done both of us!

Rita

bronte

Well done Spiral. You have worked tirelessly to get your results down. You must be delighted!
Helen

Spiral

Thank you, thanks you , thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am very pleased.

I wonder if it might have been a bit under if I'd had the HbA1c test at the beginng of August as over the last 3 weeks the 7 day average from my meter has crept up to 6.4 as I have been less strict because I have been away so much, I believe the blood test is weighted towards the last week or so before the test. And that creeping up seems to happen so much quicker than the edging back downwards :|

I have seen some truly amazing results reported here in the last few days. We all work so hard to keep our blood sugar under control, the fact that the food is so good helps! But it seems harder work when you are down to less than 1% difference, doesn't it? I don't know what I'd have done without you all here and at lowcarbdiabetes.com Thanks again.