What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well have started the day with a chocolate mug cake, double cream and blueberries. Like I said, I have a lot of recipes to try out. Don't see anything wrong with cake for breakfast;)

Reactions: 5 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Well have started the day with a chocolate mug cake, double cream and blueberries. Like I said, I have a lot of recipes to try out. Don't see anything wrong with cake for breakfast;)
Nowt wrong with cake for breakfast at all - although I prefer it with full fat Greek yoghurt.

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Nowt wrong with cake for breakfast at all - although I prefer it with full fat Greek yoghurt.
B. Half lidl roll & butter
L. Broc/stilton soup Greek yoghurt & berries.
( then went on a course inc lunch lavish filled wraps, with chips followed by a variety of very large cream cakes!) its was torture but I didn't touch!
D. 2x pork chops, cabbage, coli & gravy.
S few brazils & cheese.

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. Toasted sandwich - (2 pieces Burgen toast, 3x 97%chipolatas)
L none
D. Cauliflower rice (loads) 4oz cold ham, strawberries & dbl cream
S. 2 snacks- of 2 pieces crispy bacon small piece dbl Gloucester cheese with chives

Reactions: 4 people

suehatton

B. Toasted sandwich - (2 pieces Burgen toast, 3x 97%chipolatas)
L none
D. Cauliflower rice (loads) 4oz cold ham, strawberries & dbl cream
S. 2 snacks- of 2 pieces crispy bacon small piece dbl Gloucester cheese with chives
I see you resisted the demon carbs. Well done you!

suehatton

I made a delicious crustless quiche last night for this morning, but the red onions somehow made the bottom turn blue which wasnt very appealling. Ate around the problem but could have done without the blue quiche.
B. 2 Burgen toast with cheese spread
L. Quiche and coleslaw
D. Salmon and veggie caulie rice
S. Very few nuts, choc ice, 5 cold tiny snack sausages.

Reactions: 9 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
funny feet
??
B: Boiled egg, 1 slice Livlife bread, butter & yeast extract; bullet-proof coffee.
L: Green salad, beetroot, stilton, cold spiced red cabbage (still trying to finish it), sliced cold pork'n'herb roll with bacon, olive oil etc dressing.
D: Baked plaice (the one with the orange spots), steamed veg, mushrooms'n'cream cheese sauce.
S: Peanut butter mug cake. Best yet. 50 secs in the microwave, less p butter than before so the raw mix was almost runny. Baking powder makes all the difference.

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1/2 brown thing with scrambled eggs & bacon

L: Cold roast duck leg

L(2): Tuna Mayo with chopped celery and peppers

D: Roast Pork Belly with veggies

P: Lemon Chia Pudding (slop) with blueberries & double cream

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 2 boiled eggs
L- nowt, wasn't hungry
D - Wild Alaskan Keta salmon fillet with pile of mushrooms in creme fraiche sauce with fresh herbs
Snack - 2 squares Lindt 90%

Water total - 4 x 500ml bottles Evian
Hazelnut 'milk' - 2 glasses
1 Kallo organic French onion stock cube with a sprinkling of Marigold Engevita
Tea - 1 Earl Grey with lemon slice, 1 Throat Coat, 1 Moroccan mint, 1 cinnamon & licorice

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I went to a meeting yesterday - "Yes sir - we noted your special dietary requirements - here's a nice chickpea salad with a honey & mustard dressing" - grrr.

Yesterday's efforts (another long day)
B - rail station bacon roll minus the roll
L - 2 egg, 2 sausage, 3 bacon from a greasy spoon after the meeting
D - chicken salad
S - biltong & 2 pints of beer (was stuck for 3 hours waiting for my train home - did some work at a pub table but succumbed to temptation)

Reactions: 12 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Nothing, not hungry
L: Cauli & broccoli with grated cheese, blueberries & cream
S: Trying different fat bomb recipes in the afternoon, so had lots of small tastes along the way.
D: Pan fried pheasant breast in garlic coconut butter sauce with cauli rice, coconut oil / cinnamon fat bomb
S: Cubes of cheddar

Reactions: 10 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday:
B. Coffee with milk and xylitol.
No lunch - I was out walking around park and to LIDL for hp rolls.
T. Mug of black tea with ginger (and Candarel), mince pie with double cream. I am addicted to mince pies, and used to eat 3 or 4 a day, but since being diagnosed I only have one if I have walked at least 20,000 steps that day. Yesterday I walked 38,318 steps, so had earned it!
S. Lamb chop with the Mediterranean Cauli Rice I bought from Tesco last week. Two squares of Lindt 90% Dark chocolate.
S. A few walnuts.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thats the second day in a row that my bgs have gone low at the 2 hr reading after dinner. Last night they went down to 4.0 but, once again, I felt fine. I had 100g of cherries which brought it back up to 4.9 by bedtime - then this morning my fbg was 6.7! Maybe being low in the evening brings on DP?

Planned for today:

Brunch: 2 x portion cream cheese pancakes with lemon

Tea/Dinner: Asda chicken & smoked bacon deli style (not had it before) with large green salad, an avocado and sliced up pepper mixture for a bit of colour.

Supper: Probably salami and cream cheese roll-ups but could be just a few nuts. I will see how I feel after doing this extra long shift today.

Reactions: 7 people

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Two Weetabix with Alpro Almond dairy free milk. Decaff coffee with KoKo dairy free milk.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chocolate mug cake, blueberries, double cream
L: tuna & avocado melt bites (were delicious: http://www.ruled.me/avocado-tuna-melt-bites/ I used desiccated coconut instead of almond flour and found that 4 were enough for a lunch portion), rocket salad
S: peanut butter fudge slice
D: out to friend's for dinner. Chicken & veg curry with cauli rice (I have fabulously thoughtful friends :happy:) I took dessert - home made lemon curd cheesecake/mousse using nuts for base. Was good!

Just had latest HbA1c results back at 42 so all stable and ok. Was hoping it would be a bit lower. Must start testing more regularly again. Maybe too much cake for breakfast!!:wideyed:

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
B - Nothing, had to get an earlier train,too early to eat urgh
Snack - small pot Yeo Valley organic live natural yogurt
L - Grilled Halloumi and cherry tomatoes on the vine with fresh herbs
D - 2 slices ox tongue with salad

Reactions: 2 people