LIDL Rolls

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Yep, there were none similar at Aldi, but I was up early for an appointment so was at Lidl at 8.00am and out with a half dozen rolls at 8.02am , lovely and warm, have not tried them yet (smelt great tho) and have sliced each into thirds and frozen.........:)
Hope you like them after your effort. I have missed bread, but these have become a good substitute :)

Reactions: 2 people

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I expect I will , I love all bread :) and have only been having a small hovis wholemeal slice (11g) occasionally as my only bread .....

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I expect I will , I love all bread :) and have only been having a small hovis wholemeal slice (11g) occasionally as my only bread .....
I didn't particularly like the first one I tried, but then decided to toast them and I'm now addicted. Personal choice of course. :)

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Called into LIDL today for half a dozen more HP rolls - newly baked and still warm.
The 25% reduction offer is until 3 December.
That's good to know - its my Lidl's shopping day tomorrow, I'll get a few and freeze. P.s. Am I the only person who eats a whole roll at once?

lindisfel

Expert
I eat an whole roll but with c.10grms of carbs they don't spike my glucose and they fill me for the afternoon.
regards
Derek
That's good to know - its my Lidl's shopping day tomorrow, I'll get a few and freeze. P.s. Am I the only person who eats a whole roll at once?

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
You're just plain greedy ! Just joking of course. I find if I have a couple of cherry toms, sliced cucumber and a cube or two of cheese (Cornish cruncher being my favourite), then I'm full. I have to follow with a square of dark chocolate though !!!

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
I managed to get 13 of them earlier today. I cleared out what they had left. I'm hoping that they do freeze okay as I currently have 12 of them in the freezer. Only down side to them I see is that they look like some one burnt a really bad apple turnover and then covered it in bird seed. On a plus note when I picked them up I noticed some low Gi bread so I grabbed two loaves of that as well.

Also has anyone tried the sugar free energy Lidi's stocks its called 'Freeway up light stimulation drink' it claims to have less than 0.5 carbs per can in fact everything is marked at less than 0.5g per can except protein which is down as 1.0g and only kcaL A can I may have found a replacement for fizzy drinks. brought 6 to try out. Oh carbonation how I've missed you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
P.s. Am I the only person who eats a whole roll at once?
I often have a whole roll, slathered in pate, for lunch or supper. I bought a few pots of pate or terrine at LIDL yesterday too, crab, liver, chicken, duck, and mushroom. At £1.15 they make a cheap and easy meal, with low sugar (except the duck and orange). They are high in fat which I believe is good for diabetics.

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I ate a whole HP roll this morning for breakfast (at 7.30am) it's now 11.15am and my stomach feels like I've swallowed a stone perhaps @June_C is right !

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Sorry to hear you feel uncomfortable. I guess you won't be doing that again !!;)

mophead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a whole roll with scrambled egg and mushroom for breakfast....don't think I'll be eating until dinner at 7.00.

Reactions: 6 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
From MyFitnessPal;

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1445427687.615931.jpg

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am jealous of all of you "Lidl Roll" people. I have yet to find something similar in the US.

But since you shared about Moser Roth 85% dark chocolate at Aldi, I will forgive you. ;)

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just weighed the 3 rolls I have & they weigh in at 120, 124 & 128 grms per roll. as about 10 carbs per whole roll. Hope this helps

Smartie xx

Reactions: 7 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I also read each roll is about 10 carbs, so a half at 5g is fantastic.