SKY HIGH SUGAR LEVELS!!!!

djharg88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My blood was 14 this morning, i had some cornflakes with silver spoon sweet granules .
Then for my lunch i had a chip shop fish and 5 units of nova rapid as i am/was very sensitive to (like 1 unit).
But after my fish my blood 27.8 ***?????
Anyone help?????info etc, as my diabetic nurse has stopped my apps due to my damaged memory missing apps!!!
Its a good job i am positive about all my illnesses! otherwise i would be dead by now 'Again' Hahahahahha

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds like your Basal insulin may need adjusting. Your morning fasting blood sugar should be between 5 - 7 mmol. After that has been adjusted you ened to check that your Bolus (Novorapid) ratio is right. It's possible that you are not as insulin sensitive as you were? Whe ajusting your insulin ensure that you use the meter regularly to avoid hypos. Not being able to see the DN is a big problem. Is there no way you can be reminded of your appointments such as mobile phone diary, PC calendar, surgery texts (my surgery texts to remind me) etc?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There could be an array of reasons for your high readings both in the morning and after your chippy fish.........

You really need to get help with attending appointments either with a calendar or an alarm of some kind, even a phone call from someone.....

the first step with any dose adjustment is to eliminate the variables, and so your basal dose would come first............is this correct currently? if not, adjustment is needed, if /when it is correct, is your novorapid dose correct? have you counted the carbs correctly? is your insulin/carb ratio correct? are you using correction doses? are your correction doses adjusted properly......

sorry if that has overwhelmed you, it would for me......;)

but as I say lots of processes to go through to pin point the exact reasoning behind a high blood sugar......

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

On the subject of missing or forgetting appointments.. I have diaries set up to synchronise across 3 different platformed devices.
(That's not even counting the shared diary synced with my wife's devices too.)
The hospital even sends texts reminding me that I have an impending appointment, the day before! ;)

ninja_frogs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My blood was 14 this morning, i had some cornflakes with silver spoon sweet granules .
Then for my lunch i had a chip shop fish and 5 units of nova rapid as i am/was very sensitive to (like 1 unit).
But after my fish my blood 27.8 ***?????
Anyone help?????info etc, as my diabetic nurse has stopped my apps due to my damaged memory missing apps!!!
Its a good job i am positive about all my illnesses! otherwise i would be dead by now 'Again' Hahahahahha
Hi,

I get high blood sugars all the time, and yeh its pretty rubbish.
I would recommend putting yourself on a temporary basal (if you use a pump).
Also if you have a high blood sugar don't eat, it just makes it worse (even if you do dose for it).
Just don't eat and keep taking insulin until it comes down.
Hope this was helpful.

andy williams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You need to be wary of chip shop batter. Many chip shops add sugar to the mix or use full sugar lemonade in place of water - the idea being that the sugar crystalizing in the hot fat gives the batter extra crunch.