Just for starters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had type 2 for 41 years, all that time on insulin, lately on metformin as well. Over the years I've been unfortunate in developing most of the side effects that are available to the unwary. Right from the start I involved myself in the voluntary sector, working to support others like me. I chaired the local support group for 30 years, and I started, with two others, the appeal which led to the creation of a dedicated diabetes centre at our local hospital. I have trained to facilitate various courses to aid people with chronic conditions to be better able to manage their condition, and I suppose I will continue doing this as long as I am able.

Reactions: 2 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Welcome to the forum

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum @theoldmanonabike.

That is really good of you to give-up your free time to help others, I'm sure your guidance and support is appreciated by many people.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I've had type 2 for 41 years, all that time on insulin, lately on metformin as well. Over the years I've been unfortunate in developing most of the side effects that are available to the unwary. Right from the start I involved myself in the voluntary sector, working to support others like me. I chaired the local support group for 30 years, and I started, with two others, the appeal which led to the creation of a dedicated diabetes centre at our local hospital. I have trained to facilitate various courses to aid people with chronic conditions to be better able to manage their condition, and I suppose I will continue doing this as long as I am able.
Welcome. When you say side effects, are you talking about insulin side effects, or diabetes complications? What type(s) of insulin do you use?