Feeling burning sensation

netter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the past 4 weeks I've noticed that when i eat certain foods, pasta, bread I get a burning sensation on my face, and head i feel that my blood is boiling and there is a chem reaction going on... and my bg is high 9-10.5, anyone else felt this or why it would start to happen now, it hasnt in the past

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ive read some of your other posts and it seems this isn't the first time its happened. Are you T2? Why arnt you reducing your carbs if you find this happening to you?

netter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I try to but I don't seem to have the will power. I try and then I just give up and then worry about i am doing to myself

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
What can I say netter, its in your hands. You have nothing to lose but to give it a go. Try it for a couple of weeks.
You can carry on worrying or take the bull by the horns. A habit takes at least 10 days to become a habit.
Clear out the rubbish food and plan a menu, prepare your meals, and do it for a few days. Check with your meter how its going.
But we cant do it for you hun. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd also consider that you might be having an allergic reaction of some kind. Again, the only way to know is to cut out the offending food (wheat?) and see if your symptoms improve.

verdesca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
none. very easy going
wont work for everyone but I always think, "get it wrong and die a slow, painful death"

Reactions: 2 people

HIGHTOWN8

hi everyone I am also getting a burning sensation but on my head quite sore to touch never had this before I eat too many carbs but being vegetarian and I don't eat fish I feel very limitied to what I can eat I have just been dignoised with diabetics type 2 so I really don't have much information concerning diabetics waititng on seeing my gp to go o nthe desmond project