Has any particular food made you vomit!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This has only happened to me on a few occasions and always accidentally!

When I was young my mum mistakenly gave me a butties, which had butter on it, I was violently vomiting everywhere.
The next I can remember, was a friend was having a party and I ate something that I knew (thought) didn't have butter in it, It was a cake, can't remember the last time I had one, well it's filling had butter in it, so I projectile vomited all over the party table! (Serves the woman right for lying to me!)
The next as a teenager, again at a friend's (at the time) offered to have tea. Well it was beans on toast. Who in their right mind puts beans and butter together? Well, as you can guess, it went all over the nice new carpet! Spent an hour or so cleaning that one up.
Well, have you have ever kissed someone with butter in their mouth?
So there you go.
Anyone else vomited all over for a particular food, of course not including beer, alcohol or a late night kebab!

Reactions: 2 people

Amethyst579

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My son (not diabetic) has always vomited after drinking full sugar cola, he knows now to avoid it. Other fizzy drinks don't do this to him. I'd like to know what element of the cola makes him sick.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs. yuck, yuck, yuck. Can't stand the taste, smell or texture. I can't kiss hubby if he's eaten eggs in the last 24 hours.

Reactions: 4 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Watermelon-flavored anything. I had an unfortunate experience as a child when I overate my Halloween candy after Trick O' Treating and the watermelon sucker was the last thing I ate.

Even the smell. <shudder>

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was a child, we had such a low fat diet that the annual Fish and Chip treat when staying with my grandparents in Cornwall always made me vomit. It was the fat content.

Oh the irony.

Reactions: 8 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont do that ... but the wife will vomit at Milk (found that out when we first got together .. I opened a bottle of milk and drank some .. next thing I was covered in warm vomit !!) She also has vomited eating avocado, (looking at dead fish ... dead meat) eating .. pineapple .. coconut soy yogurt .. cream .. baked beans in tomato sauce !! and a few other things that I have forgotten about :(

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Lidl wasabi flavoured almonds :***:

What on Earth are they all about?? To be fair, I didn't vomit, I spat them out!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nuts and almonds of any description. I'm not allergic, but the taste just makes me sick, even if they are inside a chocolate. It started as a small child and is probably now totally psychological. Almond paste on cakes. Yuk.

The next as a teenager, again at a friend's (at the time) offered to have tea. Well it was beans on toast. Who in their right mind puts beans and butter together?

Of course you put butter on the toast, and pre-diabetes I also added it to the beans whilst warming them up. Scrummy. I also like a drop of vinegar on baked beans.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yes spaghetti

Just can't swallow it and never have been able to.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Of course you put butter on the toast, and pre-diabetes I also added it to the beans whilst warming them up. Scrummy. I also like a drop of vinegar on baked beans.

That's just gross! (Yuk, yuk, double yuk!)

I've been tested for lactose intolerance and have not got it!
But I am intolerant to dairy! Weird!

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very few people with ancestors in Northern Europe are lactose intolerant. Butter, cheese and cream have very little lactose anyway, it's only milk some people need worry about.
I had a mustard plaster when I had some childhood disease, and hate the smell. It doesn't make me vomit though.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Very few people with ancestors in Northern Europe are lactose intolerant. Butter, cheese and cream have very little lactose anyway, it's only milk some people need worry about.
I had a mustard plaster when I had some childhood disease, and hate the smell. It doesn't make me vomit though.

As I said, tests came back negative, but I do know that some of RH ers do have an aversion to lactose, wether digesting or through blood glucose spiking.
I just can't stomach the likes of butter, cream, cheese and any form of milk, no matter how it is packaged, parcelled or treated!
I can't stand any spreads especially old style margarine, which tastes bloody awful but doesn't make me vomit!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Pork chops and roast pork. Either cooked plainly or in a sauce but especially if covered with some kind of tomato sauce. Actually just thinking about it is making me feel a bit nauseous.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I can eat bacon or smoked ham though!

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was a small kid, fried bread made me throw up, the couple of times I had it.

Since being T2DM, if I eat major amounts of carbs, I throw up. There's nothing worse than throwing up Green & Black's organic chocolate ice cream IMO.

My body and I disagree over what constitutes a major amount of carbs though. If I have a 20g bag of popcorn (12g carbs) my body seeks revenge one end or the other.

GP says it's psychosomatic, but my theory is that I eat processed carbs so rarely now and my body is so thoroughly spoiled with fresh organic, wild and additive free food, that it just rejects anything like that as being something it won't process. It's as stubborn as me, I guess.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a child, I threw up some cold spaghetti I'd had with ketchup, and for a decade I hated just the smell of ketchup. Yet, I outgrew this dislike and had another couple of decades enjoying it, especially on chips! Not an option now, due to sugar.

Nowadays I seem to have a stomach of steel, but not the gut! If I overdose on carbs or dairy (or a mixture, such as Haagen Dazs Baileys ice cream - which is also not an option any more) it goes through me in a very cleansing fashion!

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
I don’t throw up easily!

When I was primary school age, a girl, similar age, would visit her Granny during the summer. The girl was from Manchester and was gorgeous. Anyhow, all of the boys wanted her attention and tried all manner of tactics to win her over.

One very hot summer’s day, when the girl and I were playing close to her Granny’s house, she asked me if I like bubble gum. I wasn’t fussed really but I wanted to be her boyfriend so agreed that bubble gum was delicious. She proceeded to pick at a piece of gum on the pavement saying it may still have flavour and it would be ok to eat; she split it with me and we chewed it together.

We were boyfriend and girlfriend for the remaining 4 weeks of her stay and all the other boys were jealous. We kissed regularly and held hands everywhere we went.
I moved away so don’t know if she returned the following summer.
I can still taste her bubble gum lips.

Reactions: 8 people