What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: Coffee with double cream

Lunch: 2 chipolatas, 2 bacon, 1 egg, grilled beefsteak tomato and as much of Lidl HP roll as I can manage which works out to be about two-thirds normally

Tea: (At work) This is 'disco' night which is not in our building and means that all the service users and staff eat in MacDonalds en route to the 'disco'. They look forward to it all week so I'm not about to make myself unpopular by suggesting somewhere a little healthier so, not perfect, but I take a sandwich. Lidl HP roll with cream cheese and a little bit of smoked salmon. I still have to watch them eat their big macs and fries though. (My pre-LCMF naughty little secret was a love of big macs.) :shifty:

Reactions: 6 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always tag along with the gang to the greasy spoon or whatever and usually find they're flexible with their menus. But the big red clown runs a very disciplined circus and I'd be interested to know people's experiences of trying to get a low-carb selection there. As distinct from ordering the whole package and leaving most of it.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
If, by the big red clown, you mean McDonalds, then I sometimes go there for breakfast. I ask for a double sausage & egg mcmuffin without the muffin. What I get is a tray with 2 sausage patties, a slice of cheese and an egg. Yummy.

My efforts yesterday...
B - bulletproof coffee and a 2-egg omelette
L - turkey & cheese salad
D - cauli rice, courgette ribbons, bacon, cheese and eggs. I'm trying to find ways to make the cauli palatable ... that wasn't it.

emily-rose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
I had so.e chicken with mashed potato and two small chocolate fingers!

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

If, by the big red clown, you mean McDonalds, then I sometimes go there for breakfast. I ask for a double sausage & egg mcmuffin without the muffin. What I get is a tray with 2 sausage patties, a slice of cheese and an egg. Yummy.

My efforts yesterday...
B - bulletproof coffee and a 2-egg omelette
L - turkey & cheese salad
D - cauli rice, courgette ribbons, bacon, cheese and eggs. I'm trying to find ways to make the cauli palatable ... that wasn't it.
[/

These are a good use for cauli and easy to make

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/03/faux-lafel-with-tahini-sauce-2.html

I have also made them with with Indian spices. You don't taste the cauli...honest :DQUOTE]

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ask for a double sausage & egg mcmuffin without the muffin. What I get is a tray with 2 sausage patties, a slice of cheese and an egg. Yummy.
That's encouraging. Perhaps in a separate thread people will give advice on "special orders" in places which offer set packages, and whether generally we get a price reduction or pay full whack, not wanting to be a nuisance (!)
I'm trying to find ways to make the cauli palatable ... that wasn't it.
It is very difficult to forget I'm eating cauli, especially when tiny bits of it get everywhere when being grated or blended, but I'm sure spicing is the way to go.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday it 'twas....

Scrambled Egg & Bacon

Tuna Mayonnaise with chopped red peppers and celery

Pork Fillet in a Hot & Sour Sauce and also a Black Bean Sauce with stir fried vegetables

Choco Chia Pudd with raspberries & cream

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Lidl Greek yoghurt, milled flax seeds, chia seeds, dessertspoon of pecans and almonds, tea with whole milk
Lunch: Coop chilled hot salmon, rocket tomato, salad onions, red pepper, drizzle of olive oil
Snack: Proper Popcorn ( 10g carbs per 20g bag), handful of nuts
And later for Dinner: pan fried brussels sprouts with proscuitto, steamed courgettes and broccoli, olive oil drizzled over
jelly and cream for pudding

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Yesterday I ate - everything in sight! Can't even remember half of it but there was definitely seeded bread in there somewhere! Today I'm sane again

B. 1 slice Burgen bread toasted with thinly sliced Applewood smoked cheese
L. 2 home-made chicken burgers + onion omelette
D. Will be - plain steamed haddock fillet with green beans also steamed
May have cube Dbl Gloucester cheese with chives and few almonds if hungry in late evening Will Not have Anything Else!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
They
I'm trying to find ways to make the cauli palatable ... that wasn't it.

Same here. It just always tastes of cauliflower to me. (It doesn't go everywhere if you whizz it up in a food processor or grate it in a big bowl with the grater in the bowl.) The nicest faux rice way of having cauli that I've found so far was fried in ghee with garlic and coconut milk powder mixed in to the whizzed cauli before cooking and then a good squirt of lime juice to finish it before serving. My husband, who always happy to be my guinea pig, said it was better than the cauliflower faux potatoes or other faux rices we've tried.

I have just found it easier to take my own food to work as where I work they eat out or takeaways at least three times a week. Next week, though, we are going on a whole day trip out and the final stop will be for a meal in a reasonably up market gastro pub where it wouldn't be appropriate for me to take my own food. I'll figure it out....

suehatton

Yesterday I ate - everything in sight! Can't even remember half of it but there was definitely seeded bread in there somewhere! Today I'm sane again

B. 1 slice Burgen bread toasted with thinly sliced Applewood smoked cheese
L. 2 home-made chicken burgers + onion omelette
D. Will be - plain steamed haddock fillet with green beans also steamed
May have cube Dbl Gloucester cheese with chives and few almonds if hungry in late evening Will Not have Anything Else!!
After my transgressions last weekend Im right back on track and lost everything I gained. If I have to have a little blow out every couple of months to stay sane then I will. This is a marathon not a sprint and therea bound to be 'needs' along the way!

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
After my transgressions last weekend Im right back on track and lost everything I gained. If I have to have a little blow out every couple of months to stay sane then I will. This is a marathon not a sprint and therea bound to be 'needs' along the way!

Thanks Sue, I realise that when I was tempted with carb cravings the other day all I managed to do was postpone the blow out. Your post mirrors what I feel- its not the falling down it's how quickly you pick yourself up again here's hoping next falling down is a looong way off!

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast of two-egg omelette with cheese and little bit of ham - And coffee. How could I forget the coffee..?
Lunch of home-made pork ribs with sauce made of shallots, garlic, tin of toms and sweetened with agarve nectar and brown rice, cooked in chicken stock, mixed with red peppers, pak choy and mixed 'shrooms
Tonight - Wild Boar sausages from local butcher, caramelised onions, probably roasted butternut squash (with garlic and rosemary). More than likely a glass of red wine. Or two.

Snacked on walnuts

I'll pack in a walk before I leave work, too!

RAH!

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This week, I have been mainly eating:

B: coffeencream
L: lidl protein roll with BUTTER and either marmite or a smear of divine blackcurrant jam. yes it is sugar, but mmmmmmmmmm it is gorgeous.
D: have had moussaka, minted lamb mince, low carb 'breakfast balls', baked salmon and tonight will be baked lamb chops with pesto covered courgetti. all with various greenery and cauli cheese a couple of times.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: cheese omelette
L: Fage yogurt with blueberries, coconut and cinnamon
D: Thai red curry (cheating with Tesco curry paste mixed with double cream, but it's so tasty - quorn fillets, asparagus, mushrooms, red pepper, in the sauce, topped with flaked almonds)
Snack: creamy decaf and 85% choc

suehatton

B. 2 Burgen toast with cheese spread
No lunch as such; grazed in a long meeting on 5 cocktail sausages and 25g of nuts. Not enough and had no more so had a hob nob in the afternoon.
D. Meatballs in home made tomato sauce with loads of veggies served with boursin cabbage.
S. 2 Ryvita.
Too many carbs today but still good, need to prepare better for the afternoon if in all day meetings. Starving when I got in hence the Ryvita before tea. Now can feel the effects of the extra carbs.

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oh dear, it's all gone wrong! I've had a fall & fractured the upper part of my arm(ball & socket joint). Have been in hospital. I'll try while I'm incapacitated, but when your meals are put in Front of you.....what can you do? I'll keep you posted.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, it's all gone wrong! I've had a fall & fractured the upper part of my arm(ball & socket joint). Have been in hospital. I'll try while I'm incapacitated, but when your meals are put in Front of you.....what can you do? I'll keep you posted.

Oh, i am so sorry. How long will you be in hospital? How did it happen?
Do you have any appetite?
Is there anyone who can bring you in some food?

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was:
B: Scrambled egg on toasted courgette bread
L: Cauliflower rice stir fried with tuna & spring onions, chocolate almond fat bomb
D: Avocado salad, blueberries & cream

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no - how awful. Hope you have people around you to help. Wishing you a full recovery with no further problems!