Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Werthers and Icebreakers sours

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Guys!

Are there any good sugar free sweets that I can have? I am addicted to sugar free polos but id like something fruity!

Is there any that anyone can recommend ?

Thanks in advance guys :)

My local sweet shop provides me with lots of lovely sugar free sweets. I can get Everton mints, chocolate limes, the black and white mints, toffees, boiled fruit sweets, soft fruit sweets, sherbet lemons, winter mixture, etc. The price usually works out at about 96p for 100g. They are in jars so they're loose, he doesn't keep packets of sugar free sweets.

Dixiechick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I got some sugar free chocolate once from Thorntons!!!!! Anyone else made this mistake? It reminded me of that scene from Dumb and Dumber!!
My friend had Gestational Diabetes when she was pregnant. She sent me a text telling me that I should check out Thorntons Sugar Free Chocolate, because it was "delicious and tasted just like normal chocolate".
I texted her back and asked her how long ago she ate it, to which she replied that she'd devoured the whole block not ten minutes previous.
I don't think she left the house for 2 days after that!

Reactions: 6 people

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Ive been very lucky then with all the polo's that I have had as I haven't had any laxative effects :)
I recently had some dairy milk whole nut chocolate and my sugars was only 8.5! but I am only having it as a treat like once a month !

Reactions: 2 people

Mackempaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My friend had Gestational Diabetes when she was pregnant. She sent me a text telling me that I should check out Thorntons Sugar Free Chocolate, because it was "delicious and tasted just like normal chocolate".
I texted her back and asked her how long ago she ate it, to which she replied that she'd devoured the whole block not ten minutes previous.
I don't think she left the house for 2 days after that!

Hahahaha yeah they cost £6 and I used £10 worth of toilet roll hahaha

joanAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Extraneous noise (mobile phones in quiet carriages), tattoos especially on females. Increasing arthritis in hands.
For the odd occasion when only a sweet will do I like ricola or Sula. Only one now and again but have some nice flavours, the packet I have at the moment are Sula mixed fruit, they last me quite a while as I haven't got a sweet tooth and as they are in a little box rather than a wrapped packet they keep well

Marks and Spencer sell Butter Scotch drops in small packs by the till, sweetener is Isomalt, Sucralose, 0.3% the packs are 42g, very useful to keep in the car so that you don't stop at the next service station and buy a doughnut

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
Marks and Spencer do lovely rhubarb and custard, strawberries and cream and humbugs - all sugar free and lovely
Hi Guys!

Are there any good sugar free sweets that I can have? I am addicted to sugar free polos but id like something fruity!

Is there any that anyone can recommend ?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Marks and Spencer do lovely rhubarb and custard, strawberries and cream and humbugs - all sugar free and lovely

And mints and butterscotch all about .75p a box. My favourites are butterscotch

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
image.jpeg

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From experience Sugar Free Polos can act as a Laxative as they contain Sorbitol

Cl1ve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sugar free sweets hadn't occurred to me. Just googled them and they can be bought on ebay and amazon. I am tempted by the sugar free liquorice toffees. :)

Hi . I got some sugar free sweets from eBay . Eat a few in the first week of getting them and the threw The rest away . I found that they did not help with my sugar cravings and just made things worst . It's been about 2 months now with no sugar cravings

Clive

ClaireLou94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
I didn't buy mine because I was craving sugar I bought them / wanted them because its nice to have a sweet when my throat is dry from talking all day and water wont fix it :) plus they don't effect my bloods so win win situation

tuatara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sugar-free marshmallows are divine (get them from the chemist). But don't eat a whole packet as I did...very looosening

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
My favourite is Ricola, the elderflower one. Light and fruity taste and not too sweet.

Reactions: geemacwilly