Xylitol for homemade ice cream?

goji

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of using xylitol (powder) as a sweetener for homemade icecream? Does it blend in well and does it taste okay?

I've been making coconut milk icecream sweetened with Agave nectar. It tastes absolutely delicious however I recently read that Agave is bad for you as it can cause insulin resistance and liver problems.

I'm looking for a better sweetener. I've got a fair amount of stevia at home but I'm not keen on the taste.

Any advice appreciated.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I use Xylitol for cheesecake and it blends well. I've not used it for ice cream
Hana

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Hi goji

How about using a Da Vinci syrup - there was a thread on here a little while ago about using this in ice cream and giving a website with lots of recipes. Can't find it at the moment but will post again if I can spot it.

Rita

or you could 'google' Da Vinci and see what it comes up with!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Reetpetite said:
Hi goji

How about using a Da Vinci syrup - there was a thread on here a little while ago about using this in ice cream and giving a website with lots of recipes. Can't find it at the moment but will post again if I can spot it.

Rita

or you could 'google' Da Vinci and see what it comes up with!

Here is the link to the store and the list of sugar free syrups available.
http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/syrups