Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
Today it's 6.8 for me and a dark, rainy morning here.
Don't be ashamed @RYU Hope you have an especially good day (with low post meal readings )

To be honest no idea what's going on at the moment. I took a pre-meal reading which said 14.2 even though I hadn't eaten or drunk anything, then took a post meal reading 2 hours later and it was 14.3.

My GF's claiming that it's either;

A} down to me being weird as normal

or

B} She has suggested that I'm an alien human hybrid probe that's here to investigate the earth.

Thinking about it I may need a new GF. This one's way too sarcastic for my own good.

She's just pointed out that no one else would put up with me. She may be right. Looks like I'm stuck with her.

Reactions: 17 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.9 this morning so still under 10 which has been my aim for this week. I've got a busy day ahead running a stall at a market (thankfully indoors). Just packing my salad to take instead of buying something there. Small changes but being more organised and planning ahead is helping me to feel less panicked and made the wrong (for me) choices.

Reactions: 17 people

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
8.0. But done my back in yesterday, a lot of pain. Anticipate that levels are not going to be good. Not good when supposed to be trying to get under control

Reactions: 13 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 again this morning, plus weight back down to 12st again after 2 weeks where it had gone up.

Reactions: 19 people

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
Hello! 6.3mmol/L this a.m. (what? 3days post glyburide now? )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people
C

catherinecherub

@oldnevada,

Would you please start another thread about HBA1c rather than derailing this one as it is for the purpose of recording fasting blood sugar numbers.

Reactions: 2 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Had something of a shock last night after yesterdays confident posts as I saw a 9.6 before tea!

14 about midnight and only down to 7.5 this morning.:mad::(:yuck:

I am putting this down to the steroid injection i had in my knee yesterday as I looked back through my figures and saw the same pattern last time I had one, took about 3 days to come down again so we will what happens see this time.

Knee feels a lot better though, so I guess its not all bad.

Reactions: 15 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good evening all. I had a fasting reading of 5.6 this morning after a 5.9 reading at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 13 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had reading of 6.3 last night then 6.1 this morning. Had breakfast took meds then had upset stomache. Later had 6.1 before lunch, one hour later I was shaking like mad, really bad. Tested and I was 3.9! Don't know what happened, ate usual healthy lunch think it was meds?

Reactions: 12 people