What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Sweet English breakfast muffin with homemade lemon curd. (Bought some coconut flour in Holland & Barrett sale. Don't bother. When I make this recipe with Biona coconut flour it makes a really stiff batter. This was thin and the egg settled to the bottom of the ramekin and cooked a bit like scrambled egg. Not great with lemon curd:arghh:)
L: tuna and avocado melts with rocket and pine nut salad
D: trout kedgeree with 2 boiled eggs

S: a few chorizo bites and handful of cashew nuts.

Reactions: 7 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Eggs fried in butter
L: Cauliflower & Brussels sprouts with bacon bits and grated cheddar, jelly & 85% chocolate coconut cream
D: Avocado tuna bake, green salad, raspberries & cream
S: bowl of pitted olives

Reactions: 5 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yesterday was a pretty horrible day.

7am Breakfast at home: Chia Mocha pudding - double quantity
10am Brunch at work: A very weird bratwurst sausage from Aldi, 2 rashers back bacon (baked) and a very small quantity of scrambled eggs.

Not sure which of the above disagreed with me as I already had a bit of a tummy ache before work brunch but soon after brunch I spent three hours with awful labour-like tummy cramps. I don't know if i was the awful bratwurst sausage or whether it was the double quantity f chia pudding which gave me rather too many carbs for one meal at my usual level of carbs. Does anyon know if this awful pain is typical of what happens when you eat too many carbs after low carbing for three months?

6pm Dinner at home: Salad, Baked Chicken in an oriental-type marinade from Asda (quite nice), Sour cream dip, 2 slices tomato and a little finely sliced red onion
Supper (at home) Macadamia nuts
1 glass Prosecco, 1 small gin with lots of diet lime tonic

Today:

Breakfast (home): Coffee wi double cream
Lunch (home): Creamcheese / egg / lemon pancakes
Tea (work): Asda Medium roast beef slices with green salad, avocado and three cherry tomatoes
Supper (home): Probably a little of the leftover chicken from yesterday.

Reactions: 4 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: salami and spinach omelette, coffee with cream.
L: watermelon, strawberries with cream, coffee with cream
Not sure what for dinner

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
B: 2 mini pork pies with derby.
L: tesco scotch egg (weekend treat)
S: peanuts as out of almonds
D: omelette with broccoli and cheese - probably.
S: pork scratchings - only if I have dinner early.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Boiled eggs, soft-boiled
L- Mixed salad, home-made dressing
Sn - Assorted nuts
D (cooking) Venison shank Brazil (tweak of lamb shank Brazil from The Low Carbohydrate Diet edited by Evelyn Fiore) with green beans in garlic brown butter sauce ( from same book ) and other veg to be decided. Called Brazil because you sort of steam it for an hour in ground coffee.

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Chipolatas, Tomato & Mushroom with mug of Tea

L: A bit of left over chicken curry, and a pork chop left over from yesterday.

Coffee with cream

D: Rib of Beef with Cauli Mash, Green Beans, Asparagus, Peas, Cabbage.

Shiraz/Cab glasses of....

Reactions: 6 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of strangely timed food. Can't even blame it on the clocks going back!
Breakfast 1: chocolate almond flour cake
Breakfast 2: coconut flour flatbread, 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers bacon
Dinner: (at dad's) roast beef, cauliflower cheese, carrots, cabbage, gravy; vanilla crumble with blueberries and custard made from scratch

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I may be o'd-ing on cream cheese, if that's possible.

It isn't.

B: latte, bacon, 1/2 sausage, egg, 1 slice fried bread. Gasp!
L: none
Tea: lidl roll and butter
D: Fathead pizza, ham and pineapple this time.

Mr B had his usual overload of meaty toppings. And i forgot to put the peppers on.
I always forget something with pizza. Last time it was the mushrooms.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
D: Fathead pizza, ham and pineapple this time.

I was thinking about making a fathead pizza - is it nice? I did wonder if the base might be a bit heavy.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking about making a fathead pizza - is it nice? I did wonder if the base might be a bit heavy.

It is great. Like a thin and slightly crispy.
But I find I need to bake it on both sides. 10 mins one side, flip, 10 mins other side (at 220 degrees) then add the toppings and grill til they are done (about 5 mins).

I always used to get bloated and indigestion and feel dreadful after pizza. Actually gave it up after a couple of times when I woke up at 2am and vomited! - long before I had a bg meter to know what it was doing to me.

This Fathead one is ace. No indigestion, no bloat, and no food hangover!

Last edited by a moderator:

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Coconut flour / flax bread & 2 mini Babybel
L: 2 green frittata muffins, raspberries & cream
D: Chicken breast in parma ham, broccoli & cauli mash, cream cheese cloud & jelly
S: 85% dark chocolate

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank Brunneria. its been such a long time since I had pizza that I can't remember how I felt after - just a bit shocked when I ate pizza shortly after being given my first meter and saw the results. :eek: At the time I was injecting both slow and fast acting and the amount I calculated to deal with the pizza wasn't anything like enough. I will definitely give the fat head pizza a try. I used to have a cheese feast / four cheese pizza with olives so I think I'll try that first, just for me.

Anyway - today:

Breakfast: Coffee & double cream
Lunch: Double helping of Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes with added psyllium husk (my current favourite)
Tea at work: Mixed lettuce leaves, avocado, a few raw tiny/thin asparagus, 3 cherry tomatoes and some baked diced chicken breast in a soy, ginger and chilli marinade.
Supper at home: 2 chicken drumsticks and possibly a few nuts.

ChilliGal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just started low carbing 'seriously' (as opposed to doing it on occasion when I fancied pork scratchings....) and my bloods are coming down amazingly. So I'm joining in the fun on this thread to keep me virtuous :)
Today I have had:
Ham and gouda omelette for breakfast
Tex Mex soup from the Natural Low Carb Store - just easier to keep something ambient in the work cupboard and their oups are ace
Pork scratchings S&V flavoured from above.
Some almonds

The rest of today is as yet unwritten but I'm feeling very sure that my next bs will be comfortably low.

Reactions: 10 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank Brunneria. its been such a long time since I had pizza that I can't remember how I felt after - just a bit shocked when I ate pizza shortly after being given my first meter and saw the results. :eek: At the time I was injecting both slow and fast acting and the amount I calculated to deal with the pizza wasn't anything like enough. I will definitely give the fat head pizza a try. I used to have a cheese feast / four cheese pizza with olives so I think I'll try that first, just for me.

Anyway - today:

Breakfast: Coffee & double cream
Lunch: Double helping of Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes with added psyllium husk (my current favourite)
Tea at work: Mixed lettuce leaves, avocado, a few raw tiny/thin asparagus, 3 cherry tomatoes and some baked diced chicken breast in a soy, ginger and chilli marinade.
Supper at home: 2 chicken drumsticks and possibly a few nuts.
Ooh recipe for lemon cream cheese pancakes please:hungry:

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had THE most boring day today (at home doing pointless paperwork for school) so have eaten far too much to break the boredom. Also had a lot of food that needed using up before it went off (hate wasting food!) Removed Fitbit as I didn't need to be told that I had walked nowhere and eaten far too many calories!!
B: 2nd (and thankfully last) sweet English breakfast muffin (accompanied by eggy bottom) with butter and lemon curd
L: last of the tuna and avocado melts; coconut flour flatbread (last of the dough) and blue cheese
D: remaining trout kedgeree with 2 boiled eggs; breadless pudding (had pot of cottage cheese about to go out of date) with blueberries
S: chocolate cake; small bag of chorizo bites

Ho hum, the fridge is now bare so I can start on another round of experimental cooking tomorrow!

suehatton

Too much coffee and loads of healthy food rather than low carb.
Rather than meals I grazed on
BLT
Sushi
Chicken
Ryvita
Curry

And 3 biscuits!!!

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: nothing
L: Homemade cream of celery soup, smoked salmon salad, almond fat bomb
D: Corned beef hash made with cauliflower & broccoli, jelly & cream
S: Chunk of Brie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Would anyone be interested in a tread for low carb shopping list? I'd love one. I'll give it ago. Mine won't be fancy but maybe a start. Please help!