TYPE 2 READING 19.2

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Lucy, can you give us a bit more information, what meds (if any) you're on, what your diet is like? that is a pretty high reading but maybe we can help you get it down - try not to be frightened. If you feel unwell, you really ought to get seen by a doc but I'm sure that lowering the levels can only help too.

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't worry too much, that level is very high but I was that high a few months back (long story) and tho you feel awful as long as you get it under control and it does not stay that high long term you will be ok.......

Drink a lot of fluid (to help the body flush itself out) and make sure you eat no carbs, (as few as you are able to) and watch out for hidden sugars, for the next few days.....

But as said need more details on meds diet etc

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
What should I do been feeling really ill scared to go to g.p.reading 19.2 on meter

How long have you been diabetic?

I'm T2 with a current reading today of 6.2 - down from 10.3.

Just over 6 weeks ago I started seeing a Health Trainer on a two weekly basis, and have just started my 7th week.

In that time I've lost about 10lb in weight and my sugar reading has gone down.

I went on a low sugar/ low fat diet - it's surprising what you can eat.

Meat and fish are no sugar. Plain porridge oats are extremely low made with water. If you want to make it with milk use the unsweetened almond. Puffed wheat, shredded wheat, no added sugar Cheerios, weetabix and Oatibix.

Most fruit and veg are natural sugars. Chips are low in sugar. Avocados are ok.

I have a book called "Sugar Counter" How to shop without sugar by Angela Dowden cost £4.99 in Waterstones, I've found it very handy. Obviously it doesn't list everything but it gives you a good idea. It also gives you the saturated fats.

Also you could type in the search engine "HOW MUCH SUGAR IN ......." Or "HOW MUCH FAT IS IN ..." Usually 8 out of 10 times it will give you an answer.

I made a fruit cake with Xylitol instead of sugar, sliced it and put in the freezer. Is weight for weight as ordinary sugar.

Good luck

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was that a fasting level or after eating. Mine used to be in the high twenties so I know how you must be feeling. Give us a bit more info and we may be able to help a bit more.

worcesterwoman

Type of diabetes
HCP
But, don't go to sleep with that level you are needing to move around, watch tv, just keep an eye and see if it comes down.

Others have said that there is insufficient information to give more clear advice, but whatever happens don't panic but take stock of what might be contributing to the problem.

I have had reading that high and worse until recently as I slowly inch down from 11' and 12's when I get up, can't admit how bad they were at bedtime... but am now getting 8's and 9's in the mornings. For me it's complicated by Mitochondrial Disease and Mitochondrial diabetes, and then IBS and... it goes on, but I have found that cutting caeffine completely out of my drinks I was seeing a 20% drop in readings (there was some research that produced these results too), but at the same time I dropped my IBS drugs switching to Mintec oil capsules.
Still got a way to go but feeling much better these days.

It's a different balance for everyone of medications and side effects versus control of BG. It's also a journey that for some of us never seems to get quite resolved while others just seem to settle into a suitable routine and have steady readings.

Hope this helps.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just be aware that although sweet potato is lower in carbs it is still quite high in carbs.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
As ever, eat to your meter. Some people can eat sweet potato but I can't. I make celeriac chips which don't raise my bg too much.

OP: don't panic those figures will come down. As advised - drink lots of water and try to move as much as possible, this should help and don't be afraid of seeing your gp, that's what they are there for.