Fastclix drums availability

Mev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

I am presuming that some of you use Accu Chek Fastclix device. Having recently purchased it through a kit off Amazon, i have used up the two sample drums and have had to resort to using my old Bayer pricker which is a lot less gentle while i manage to obtain new lancet drums for Fastclix. However, today on phone the lady dealing with prescriptions at the surgery told me that they couldn't find it on the list (???). How is everyone getting their Fastclix lancet drums? Do you buy them or get them prescribed?

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
get mine on prescription no problems..........

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If they're not on the list usually it means that particular surgery or your area isnt in the list of nhs funded prescriptions/equipment. Doctor said when I asked for the exact same thing 'if its not on the list, we can't prescribe them to you' but I got them from the hospital in the same borough to start with, they just don't want to go through the effort of contacting the hospital and taking it from there.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. They can prescribe anything as long as they know the PIP code. Ring Roche and ask for the PIP code. Give that to your doctor and tell him to put it on prescription. If you want anything from them you have to sort it out yourself. I get mine on prescription but had to create quite a fuss.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

Mev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks everyone for your replies! Nmr1991, sounds logical although i don't know what to think as i haven't had a problem requiring any of the other prescriptions... It seems as though i was looking for the Holy Grail :D Smidge, that sounds like what they need in order to find it easily so i'll be ringing them again tomorrow, thank you so very much! :)