What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
B. Porridge, coffee
L. Banana and kiwi smoothie made with Alpro unsweetened almond
M.A. Coffee, 2 Ryvita with low low cheese
D. Steamed Gammon, with carrots, potatoes, spinach, cauliflower and broccoli with home made parsley sauce - tinned fruit drained with single cream
S. Coffee

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The LIDL high protein roll, or Burgen/Livlife bread, preferably toasted with pate or terrine is quite easy. Pate and terrine does contain a lot of fat, but that is supposed to be ok for diabetics.
Prem51 where do you buy your burgen bread from?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yesterday's plans went a bit wrong. I got parted from my emergency Lidl roll with cream cheese and was 3.7 when I started my roast beef dinner two hours later than planned. So I accidentally ate a roast potato. :oops: I did manage to stop at just the one (and it was only three bites), I did manage to not eat the other roast potatoes, the mountain of mashed potatoes and ENORMOUS Yorkshire pudding, which left me with two small slices of beef and about a tablespoon each of carrots and peas. Luckily that one potato only brought my bg up to 5.1 after two hours - but I felt really naughty eating it. :sorry:

Today is a day off so:

Breakfast: Coffee with double cream, 4 rashers bacon and 2 fried eggs
Lunch: Still full
Dinner: I'm making a big pot of chilli for the freezer (just minced steak and tweeked Loyd Grossman tomato & chilli sauce), so my dinner will be an American style big bowl of chilli topped with grated cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, chopped salad onions and home made salsa which I will eat with a spoon and probably with a large green side salad.
Supper: Gin 'n' Lime Tonic ;)

Tomorrow is the only day off together that him indoors and I have had during October so food might be a bit disorganised as we can't decide where to go for dinner; current plan is:
Breakfast: At local canal-side cafe - so more bacon and eggs plus a black coffee
Lunch: Costa decaff Americano wth pouring cream. (Brunneria you are responsible for this current new addiction of mine!)
Dinner: Either seafood restaurant where they do a seafood platter which is a huge oval dish filled with small helpings of lobster, crab, mussels, langoustine, oysters, cockles, shell-on prawns and loads of other seafood OR Carvery

Reactions: 5 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Any idea how you tag someone when posting?? :confused:

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: 1 avocado, coffee with cream
L: homemade roasted squash/ small pumpkin and garlic soup, 1 slice seeded granary bread with butter and egg mayonnaise
D: not sure yet

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Any idea how you tag someone when posting?? :confused:

As far as I'm aware it's just by putting your little pinky on the reply button. And then click the post reply button

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but I felt really naughty eating it
You need to get out more Chook :):)
B branflakes - bloods went to 8.1 so maybe I won't have those again sigh
L none
D planning on some sort of chicken dish - haven't decided what yet

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Greek Yoghurt, flax seeds, cuppa with whole milk
L: a pot of mint tea in the cafe next door (completely forgot I was having lunch with friends and brought my lunch into work with me) so now I'm eating my lunch at my desk. Rather smelly mackerel salad - sorry colleagues!
D: won't finish work until very late today so not sure.

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
The below is today's menu.

B. Cereal and coffee
Mid morning. Latte
L. Toast with spread and marmalade (Stute)
E. Smoked haddock with oven chips and peas
S. 2 Ryvita with low low cheese

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: lemon & coconut mug cake, coconut alpro, blueberries
L: 2 slices Ugg chia & seed 'bread' with home made smoked mackerel pate
D: roast duck leg, a few sweet potato chips, mayo; breadless pudding
S: 1 square Lindt 85% choc

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner was a vegetable curry in the end (my 16 year old son has decided he is a pescetarian - aaarrrgh) with some roasted chicken breasts for the meat eaters to add to it. Brown rice (just a tblsp), tomato cucumber and red onion raita and 1 popadum

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: lidl roll, butter and half marmite, half blackcurrant jam
D: moussaka with a baked avocado, as a trial, and i have to say YUM.

The avo wasn't in the moussaka (this time). I just sliced in half, de - stoned, oiled it, and then baked it for the last 15 mins next to the moussaka in the oven.

The heat seemed to bring out the green flavour. Cant wait to try again, but next time i will slice it in with the aubergine and courgette, to replace the potato that is usually included in standard recipes.

It would also bake nicely sliced with salmon or tuna

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
B: bulletproof coffee
S: pork scratchings 20g bag
L: garlic bread with cheese, freshly cooked ham and diet lemonade.
S: whole almonds (handful)
D: 3 beef burgers and fresh coconut. Broken by wacking off the house outer wall in 4 carrier bags til in 5 pieces. lol No mess thou.
Just been offered 2 Jacob crackers with butter on. They are asking me to lavish them with red leicester cheese. Might have to. ;-)

Reactions: 2 people