Type 2 Life

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All

Had a 5.4 reading this morning and my 16 day average has now reached 5.61.

After recording 6.0 yesterday morning and 5.8 before tea I was thinking I'd maybe go back to 4 Metformin per day, but this mornings reading is a bit more encouraging and maybe I'll carry on with just the three for a bit longer.

Tim I would agree with you, carry on for a bit longer. There seem to be so many things that affect blood sugar and I'm still learning lots. I'm like you with my readings going higher but just monitoring and trying to see what more or less exercise does. I don't want to change my diet very much as my 2 hour readings are normally back down to almost what they were before a meal, sometimes even lower. For the last few weeks I've had a number of fasting readings in the 6's and that worried me but they seem to be very slowly coming down.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
5.8 this morning. Going in the right direction. 5.1 before evening meal and back to 5.1 2 hours later so that I was really happy with. Did manage to walk over 8 miles again but wonder if I'm trying to walk too much as I feel exhausted.
That's been my problem as well, my fbg is almost always over 7 so I've been walking a lot to bring it down but the next day in particular I've been exhausted. Might have to rethink my strategy

Reactions: 4 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning so not happy with that, wrong direction. I did get stressed with cooking supper and had 5.9 before meal and 7.0 after 2 hours. I may have eaten a bit too much yesterday calorie wise. I've done a complete breakdown on what I've been eating for the last few days but won't be able to do this today as we are out this evening. I've been feeling exhausted over the last few days but still keeping up doing some walking. Neither getting stressed or feeling exhausted will help so need to think again.

Reactions: 2 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fbg 5.2 this morning. Lots better than I expected after a lunch of lasagne and trifle yesterday! I met up with 2 aunts who I hadn't seen in over 30 years and one of them made lunch so I just enjoyed the meal and didn't stress about the carbs. I tested about 2 hours later (when I could do it privately) and my BG was 7.2 so that's not too bad. I figure I ate about 4 times my average daily carb intake in one meal after all!

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone interested, there are currently 2 x 50 test cartridges for Accu-Chek Mobile on Amazon, for below £35 postage included, and after liasing with the seller (tuksumduin) I was informed that they don't charge VAT. Order fulfilled in 2 days, package sent as Fragile and Signed For. This is by far one of the best available offers.
Take care,
Moshe

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6.7

@Alzebra thats a pretty good result after lasagne and trifle. Its good to know that every now and then you can relax and enjoy yourself without worrying about numbers. Sounds like you had a great catch up.

Reactions: 6 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

Had a nice 5.1 before tea yesterday but back up to 6.2 this morning, I had got used to low 5s and high 4s and it would be nice to get to get back there.

I am a bit stymmied on the exercise front as the arthritic knee and neuropathy in my feet make walking difficult and somewhat painful.

I used to walk a lot, and I enjoy throwing things like you see in my Avatar off the tops of hills, but I struggle to get up - and more particularly down - them now.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @4ratbags I was really pleased to see the 7.2! I think that's my 3rd higher-carb meal in 7 months - all eaten at family occasions when I made a conscious decision in advance not to worry about my carbs. I think my body can cope with some carbs once every couple of months so long as I don't let it become a regular occurence!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Alzebra I agree with that totally. I can cope with some carbs every now and again as well but there has been a few times where I have got a bit carried away. Lesson learnt, hopefully :)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning so I think going out for a meal does me good. 5.1 before going out for meal and 5.9 afterwards so was happy with that. I walked about 5 miles yesterday, a bit less than I have been, and don't feel as exhausted as I have for the last few days. Also less stressed which is good.

Reactions: 8 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.7 for me too this morning.

Still at 3 Metformin and if I am honest I am lass strict about my low carb as my wife thinks i should be.

Fully agree the occasional excursion into normal eating is not a problem, you just have to watch you don't do it too often....

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 am
Bit late today... it's Saturday....

woke up at 05:15 with hellish cramp in right calf... and not a pretty sight with all the veins looking like they were fit to burst... went back to bed and did get back to sleep....
Top result at the Bridge and now some rugby while listening to Jazz Record Requests.... if they haven't moved it again...

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Yesterday we went to a NT place and the only thing there for lunch was sandwiches. I haven't had one for many months but thought I would try. When we got home I had 4.9, we had done some walking. Then tested again a couple of hours after dinner and 4.9 again.

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 am this morning
November already.... time is flying....
Good Sunday, hopefully a good walk later or maybe a swim

scooby2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Have been following you all with great interest and decided i would like to join in your group. So here goes... 6.9 for me this morning. ☺