Missing a heart beat all day every day? Please read.

Serial45

Hi guys,
Figured i'd just post this up here for some advice really.

Basically I went to the leeds festival 2 weeks ago, had a very heavy weekend, drinking lots, little sleep etc.

Came back and noticed the first day back that i was getting a strange feeling in my chest.

Basically to cut a long story short it feels as though my heart is missing a beat (if i take my pulse, my resting heartbeat is say 75 BPM but as much as three times in one minute it will appear to miss a beat).

I don't notice this much in my day-to-day activities, but I do when resting / trying to sleep at night.

I get no pains and i'm not out of breath.
I went to the doctors and he's scheduled me in for an ECG and blood tests next wednesday. I realise these test results are what I need for peace of mind.

I just want it to go away, i'm starting to get a little fed up with worry, and i'm quite a physical person and can't stand not exercising / going mountain biking etc.
Just wondering if anybody else has anything similar?

The only real changes to my lifestyle are a "lower carb" diet that I started around 10 weeks ago - i'm taking around 100-120g of carbs a day (down from 300+).

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I know it's not an easy thing to do but stressing out about it will not help.Try relaxation, like deep breathing and slow exhalation, which can help to relax you and regulate heart beat. If the doctor had thought this was serious you would have been seen asap!!!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Sometimes, a heart seems to miss a beat, when it actually doesn't, but you've been to the doctor. As has been said, if it were immediately serious, they'd have got in touch. My resting pulse rate is only abut 59 and I'm fairly fit
Hana

Serial45

Cool guys, cheers put me at ease a bit now :).

Yeah I went to the doctors and he said am i getting chest pains etc out of breath - he said if I do and it gets bad call an ambulance basically. And then booked me for the ECG / blood tests.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Leeds Festival - was that a music festival with lots of noise?

I got too near a Sikh procession where the floats were blasting out "music" at full volume. It gave me heart palpitations.

(I had to park my car & walk past a few floats as they were blocking my way to church.)

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
Hi

I've found I get palpitations if I drink a lot of coffee or have caffeine filled pop like Coke (sugar free of course!). It may be worth cutting down if you drink a lot of it.

Chris :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i would try not to worry,
i have regular missed beats (ectopic beats) where i miss a beat then it races, i had every test going and thankfully they are not serious, they annoy me more than anything and i get them for a few mnths at a time then they just go,
let us know how u get on :D