How much weight have YOU lost?

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The tricky thing about the personal fat threshold is nobody knows where it sits in any given individual. What is it that makes you think that the 10kg mark is where your ".......such a low fat threshold.... " sits?

I'm not suggesting you're wrong, I'm just curious how you reached your conclusion.

Good luck with it all. Positive efforts and actions deserve positive results.

Sorry only just saw this in response to my post. To answer the question my assumption about the 10kg loss was for two reasons. One that I used to be 55kg for a long time many years ago so think it may have been one of my bodies 'set points' and I didn't have high BG levels then, plus it would be a 15% loss and if that doesn't work i don't think i can go any lower! The 10% loss (from a weight already in the 'healthy weight range) hasn't worked so i am jealous of those who start off very overweight and only seem to need to lose a few KG to reach their 'threshold'

suehatton

Ive lost a stone since 24th of August but have stalled this week. Im blaming a busy time at work and being exhausted when I get in!
I think I 'll stop using MFP because then I eat to my calorie allowance rather than stopping when Im not hungry

Reactions: 8 people

norfolkboy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots.
I have lost 11 lbs (5kg) over the last 4 weeks.
This is down to excercise.mostly riding my bike to work, and having a better diet.

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't quite believe it, but my scales say I'm 11st 4lbs today. A whole stone down from seven weeks ago! :)

Reactions: 8 people

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've now now lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks.

delboy 51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people that think they know it all and don't.
Can anyone help with diet plan to help weight loss

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was 13st 1lb in April, weighed this morning 11st 5lb, nurse wanted to know how I had achieved my loss and was very interested in LCHF.. Had bloods taken this morning, thyroid, cholesterol and HbA1C, appointment with DN 23rd Nov but I will go and get a print-out of my results before then.

Reactions: 5 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
This thread is for people to share their weight loss triumphs.

Lost a pound? Great! Lost a stone? Awesome!

Share your victories here :thumbup:

I have now lost a total of 3 stone -- very gradually over 2 years - by making small changes to my diet one at a time, example was giving up sugar in tea and coffee, then moved on to cutting down on bread and so on.

Diagnosed in March 2015 and have lost a stone since diagnosis.

Still waiting to get the 'feel better' feeling they said I would but then again stress levels through the roof and blood glucose readings still not dropping even though medication doubled!

Can relate very much to people who feel it is all too much to deal with.

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have now lost a total of 3 stone -- very gradually over 2 years - by making small changes to my diet one at a time, example was giving up sugar in tea and coffee, then moved on to cutting down on bread and so on.

Diagnosed in March 2015 and have lost a stone since diagnosis.

Still waiting to get the 'feel better' feeling they said I would but then again stress levels through the roof and blood glucose readings still not dropping even though medication doubled!

Can relate very much to people who feel it is all too much to deal with.
If it was easy we wouldn't need this websites support - I feel.
These forums are really helping me with my struggle with my weight and type2 diabetes. I wish I'd used it when I was first diagnosed. It hit me hard and I've struggled ever since. This site has given me new hope and understanding that we all have our own war to fight. But it's a hell of a lot easier together! Let the forums/members support you. You won't regret it. Message me anytime. I don't know the answers but loads on here do. :)

Andy-Sev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well prior to diagnosis at the end of September my weight had rapidy dropped by at least 6kg, maybe more as I hadn't weighed myself for a while after putting weight on having quit smoking. And in the month since I have lost another 5kg mainly through a diet overhaul and walking. If I go on what the BMI calculator says I need to lose another 20kg which seems a lot and I think the last time I was the weight which has been suggested, 72kg, was when I was an active teenager which was a long time ago.

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well prior to diagnosis at the end of September my weight had rapidy dropped by at least 6kg, maybe more as I hadn't weighed myself for a while after putting weight on having quit smoking. And in the month since I have lost another 5kg mainly through a diet overhaul and walking. If I go on what the BMI calculator says I need to lose another 20kg which seems a lot and I think the last time I was the weight which has been suggested, 72kg, was when I was an active teenager which was a long time ago.
@Andy-Sev I'm going to go for a smaller dress size and just keep going until I cannot lose anymore. For now. If we became underweight I'm sure we would be told too.
You know I dont know anyone underweight. Which has just dawned on me. I wonder why the body's survival mode is always to add weight? Must be new territory for humans not to be facing starvation.

Reactions: 2 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Is low carbon not really difficult as surely you have to read every label is there an easier way please.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is low carbon not really difficult as surely you have to read every label is there an easier way please.
Super easy! Eat some:

protein (meat, fish, eggs, cheese)

green/brightly coloured veg (asparagus, artichoke, aubergine, avocado, beet tops, broccoli, brussel sprouts, celery, chicory, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, courgette, kale, lettuce, peppers, radishes, spinach, spring greens, etc.)

fat (olive oil, butter, cream, bacon fat)

for every meal (3 meals a day), with liberal salt, herbs and spices, and lots of water throughout the day. No labels to read! :)

Reactions: 2 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
But surely would that not put weight on? a no bread cakes or biscuits that means yes no milk. If that's no counting that would be really great!.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First, an apology - I've not been active on here for several months due to me throwing a bit of a strop, but I thought I ought to be active again as I got brilliant help when I was first diagnosed and it's only fair I provide the same help (where I can) to other people

Now to the good news - I have now beaten my original target weight - total weight loss is 46kg (7st 3 1/2lb) and my BMI is now 22.8, which is probably the lowest it's ever been.

To put that in perspective, these two pictures were taken near enough a year apart
12115590_848443998595953_3440070331172008829_n-2.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First, an apology - I've not been active on here for several months due to me throwing a bit of a strop, but I thought I ought to be active again as I got brilliant help when I was first diagnosed and it's only fair I provide the same help (where I can) to other people

Now to the good news - I have now beaten my original target weight - total weight loss is 46kg (7st 3 1/2lb) and my BMI is now 22.8, which is probably the lowest it's ever been.

To put that in perspective, these two pictures were taken near enough a year apart View attachment 16456

Wow - what a complete transformation. Very, very well done.

Reactions: 4 people