Accu Chek Mobile

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
My wife (non diabetic) wanted me to test her blood the other day, only got a small drop of blood, did the test anyway and got 6.3 (had her worried). Did the test again with full drop and got 4.7.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I was given my AccuCheck Mobile from my GP and at first it daunted me as was told it was the all singing and dancing meter

I also get the cassette and lancet drums on prescription

As others have said it does sometimes say blood drop to small so you have to re-test, but It is a meter that I now like using and the support from Roche is excellent

It is convenient and less fiddly than using single test strips, I would highly recommend this product

Reactions: 6 people

Marchticus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Arrogant people who don't think diabetes is a serious condition, and that think type 1 and type 2 diabetes are similar. They are in-fact VERY different.
I have one too. It's so much easier. It's all in one so you can do blood sugar in no time at all!!

Reactions: 2 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my AccuChek Mobile from Roche's promotional campaign, and it's truly great, as I can use it on the road or at work without the need to juggle with the bits. Cassette pricey, but at home I use my SD Codefree ;-)

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone interested, there are currently 2 x 50 test cartridges for Accu-Chek Mobile on Amazon, for below £35 postage included, and after liasing with the seller (tuksumduin) I was informed that they don't charge VAT. Order fulfilled in 2 days, package sent as Fragile and Signed For. This is by far one of the best available offers.
Take care,
Moshe

Releaseme

Type of diabetes
Type 1
easiest meter too use..I use the meter when out with friends or in public it's so discreet in what it actually is no one is aware that I test my sugar with it

Last edited by a moderator:

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
easiest meter too use..I use the meter when out with friends or in public it's so disgreet in what it actually is no one is aware that I test my sugar with it
I fully agree, I use it exactly the same way. Besides, Roche's customer services were excellent so far, with anything I needed.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you not get these on prescription?..surely you can
As usual, my GP surgery provides only for what they give, which is my GlucoRx, which is ok, since I'm doing most testing at home. I keep my Mobile for work, Uni, out and about, etc, so 2 cartridges x50 last a good 2-3 months...

novoguy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
Hi everyone, I got Accu check mobile, but hated it, I had trouble with the test strips if your finger had just a little dirt on it it would not work, worst machine I have ever had. I have a contor next USB great machine love it.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have it right now and also have problems with test errors, sometimes i have to throw away cassettes because of it. It seems to be extremely sensitive to dirt or any substance on your fingers. So as it stand it seems to be about as portable as my sink.

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Hey, some mixed reviews. I have the Accu-Chek Mobile. For me its a great piece of kit which not only suits my lifestyle but also my work.

I run, and carry this meter with me to check BG whilst running... no fumbling with strips, just simple latch, prick and test. The same for work I am Electrical Engineer and travel globally. I often have sweaty or dirty hands (Yes I do try and clean them haha...) but not always practical for me to wash them depending on circumstance. I have the errors that you speak of too, but it doesn't bother me too much the most frustrating is during a run but even then its only a minor issue for me.

Each to their own I suppose with this one but its definitely * * * * * from me

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It may have taken some time to get the routine, but once done, the AC-Mobile is the best BG monitor available. The FastClix is the less painful of all lancet devices. I work in health services and move around quite a lot, and I can test with one move, without a problem. Cleaning the sample spot should be the norm, not only for accuracy purposses, but for hygiene as well. And if anyone gets several errors per cassette, just call their customer service, explain, they'll ask for the device's serial number and promptly send you a replacement, free of charge. Please believe, me I had problems with one cassette and that's exactly what I did. Register your device and they'll send you carry cases, batteries, logs etc.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
It may have taken some time to get the routine, but once done, the AC-Mobile is the best BG monitor available. The FastClix is the less painful of all lancet devices. I work in health services and move around quite a lot, and I can test with one move, without a problem. Cleaning the sample spot should be the norm, not only for accuracy purposses, but for hygiene as well. And if anyone gets several errors per cassette, just call their customer service, explain, they'll ask for the device's serial number and promptly send you a replacement, free of charge. Please believe, me I had problems with one cassette and that's exactly what I did. Register your device and they'll send you carry cases, batteries, logs etc.
Hi moshebenYehuda,nice to see you

DrumHit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorance.
I have been using a code free tester since my diagnosis and it has been on and off. I have just been given a meter by the diabetic nurse at my practice and it's an Accu-check performa nano. Bit odd but got used to it now. I decided to check the results on both. The SD code free showed 7.6 mmol and the accu-check was, 6.1 !
I washed my hands again and tested again, this time SD code free was 9.4 but the accu-check was still 6.1, needless to say I'm now using the accu-check nano.
It baffles me that these meters have such a different results when they are checking the same blood from my fingers.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app