burning sensasion

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi all!
I have recently come back to this forum, and after looking I don't think I have posted since 2011!
I am 17 years old and have been type 1 for 7 years now. I have noticed recently, about the last 6 months or so that I often get a burning sensation in the middle of my foot. there does not seem to be any pattern to when this occurs but it feels like my foot is on fire! I last saw the chiropodist last year and was told my circulation was fine.
my most recent hba1c was 8.3% which I am aware is slightly raised but not awful. I have an insulin pump which I am working with to gain better control of my sugars, however they are significantly better than previously.
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or had also experienced this, as I am not sure whether it is diabetes related or not.
many thanks, chloe

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As we do have to be careful with our feet it would be sensible to see your gp about this burning sensation @flojo1234

Reactions: 2 people

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has this come up before do you know?? Is it common in diabetics?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I would go and see your GP or podiatrist about it as a first call. Like many things, it may or may not be associated with Diabetes.

jimmax

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I experienced a burning feeling on the soles of both feet before I was diagnosed with T1D. It was due to diabetic nerve damage and my GP didn't have a clue about what it might be caused by. Soon after I was diagnosed and stabilised on insulin and the burning completely went away. Google "burning feet diabetes" to check this out.