The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Aaarrrgggghhhh bloody church "bells' a recorded cacophony of noise. No tune to it at all just clashes of unmelodic changes recorded from elsewhere. Hurting mine and Nina's ears this morning. Already have a head/eye ache.....would like to sit peacefully in garden with dogs

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aaarrrgggghhhh bloody church "bells' a recorded cacophony of noise. No tune to it at all just clashes of unmelodic changes recorded from elsewhere. Hurting mine and Nina's ears this morning. Already have a head/eye ache.....would like to sit peacefully in garden with dogs

Tricky one, this. Did you live there before the church was built, or did you arrive later? If the latter, infuriating though it may be, you probably don't have a prayer (did you see what I did there? :))

We lived close to a Church when I was young and my father complained to the vicar about the New Year being rung in, for about half an hour, one year. The vicar replied - with commendable restraint, because my father is possibly the World's Most Irritating Man - that the Church had been there since the 1890s, and had Dad not noticed it when he was originally looking around the house? :D

Change ringing is a subtle and sophisticated art, but it's more about maths than musicality....

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

I love watching them swooping around on summer evenings, but as far as I'm concerned, their place is outdoors :D

At one point, we were concerned (because of all the protected species stuff) that they might be roosting in the roof of our outbuilding, but they're not. In fact I don't know where they live, except that it's somewhere nearby....
They live near fruit trees and would love it if you put a few bat boxes up .. A little home extension ..a new hobbie for you ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Tricky one, this. Did you live there before the church was built, or did you arrive later? If the latter, infuriating though it may be, you probably don't have a prayer (did you see what I did there? :))

We lived close to a Church when I was young and my father complained to the vicar about the New Year being rung in, for about half an hour, one year. The vicar replied - with commendable restraint, because my father is possibly the World's Most Irritating Man - that the Church had been there since the 1890s, and had Dad not noticed it when he was originally looking around the house? :D

Change ringing is a subtle and sophisticated art, but it's more about maths than musicality....
The church has only one real bell I believe. The horrible noise is more recent than my arrival at this address. Some church bells sound lovely so why not make a recording of that....
They have recorded Carols at Xmas...bell rung ones. They aren't too bad.
Yrs ago the church a bit near us started waking us with the bells on a Sunday morning. They'd not been rung for years....

Last edited:
S

Sable_Jan

Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh it's not even dark yet and they're off. Very grey and wet but not dark.....
Good news read in paper that a stash had been confiscated that a bloke was selling to kids close by in Fulwood. Woohoo cos they were the blooming big bomb-like ones

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
After struggling to live on £9 a month since March, when my DLA was stopped & I had to reapply for PiP, I thought the end was in sight with my PiP tribunal due tomorrow at 3.30. Get a phone call at 3.30 today to say that "due to unforeseen circumstances" it's been cancelled. They will "try" & fit me in in the next session which is in January.

S

Sable_Jan

After struggling to live on £9 a month since March, when my DLA was stopped & I had to reapply for PiP, I thought the end was in sight with my PiP tribunal due tomorrow at 3.30. Get a phone call at 3.30 today to say that "due to unforeseen circumstances" it's been cancelled. They will "try" & fit me in in the next session which is in January.
That's awful. Make sure all your utilities people know what's happening so you don't get cut off. Are there any food banks where you are?

N

NicolaB70

That's disgusting. Even if you win the tribunal and get a backdated payment, it's not helping you now. I've yet to receive my letter to apply for PIP

oldsurveyor

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes but luckily the storm went along a path to the north of us about 8 miles so all is well here thank you

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys. Been using food bank but only allowed 3 visits in 6 months~?? £9 a month for food means I've had to eat cheap, which means carbs, so not felt well for a while. Seriously impacting on my mental health too. Now got to stage of thinking I just can't fight anymore xx

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks guys. Been using food bank but only allowed 3 visits in 6 months~?? £9 a month for food means I've had to eat cheap, which means carbs, so not felt well for a while. Seriously impacting on my mental health too. Now got to stage of thinking I just can't fight anymore xx
Maybe you can get your GP/DN involved so they can get in touch with appeal s on your behalf and push things forward.

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok so I've lost quite a bit of weight since my diagnosis and my bras aren't fitting me properly. Yesterday I took my mum shopping in M&S and decided whilst there to get properly measured. The lady duly measured me, then proceeded to tell me that there was nothing that could be done to hoik my boobs up pleasingly as 'they had lost all muscle tone'. She went on to say the same thing in every other bloody sentence. I came away seriously considering a boob job!!
Then, come this morning, I checked my BG and it was a nice 5.9. Got my usual breakfast of strawberries, blueberries and natural yog together. Over the months I've managed to stop having any form of sweetener on this, but in the cupboard there was a pack of tropical dried fruit. I proceeded to sprinkle 2 fingertips worth onto my yoghurt and ate. An hour later checked my BG - 10.2 - I mean how is that even biologically POSSIBLE with such a small amount!!!
I then started getting ready for an appt - but couldn't find my belt anywhere - and this belt was attached to the pair of jeans I'd had on yesterday - how the hell can a pair of jeans disappear overnight?? So it was off to the appt praying my jeans didnt end up round me ankles half way up Town Street.
Any way I hope anyone with worse problems than me will excuse my saggy tittied, tropical fruit mixless, beltless RANT!

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ok so I've lost quite a bit of weight since my diagnosis and my bras aren't fitting me properly. Yesterday I took my mum shopping in M&S and decided whilst there to get properly measured. The lady duly measured me, then proceeded to tell me that there was nothing that could be done to hoik my boobs up pleasingly as 'they had lost all muscle tone'. She went on to say the same thing in every other bloody sentence. I came away seriously considering a boob job!!
Then, come this morning, I checked my BG and it was a nice 5.9. Got my usual breakfast of strawberries, blueberries and natural yog together. Over the months I've managed to stop having any form of sweetener on this, but in the cupboard there was a pack of tropical dried fruit. I proceeded to sprinkle 2 fingertips worth onto my yoghurt and ate. An hour later checked my BG - 10.2 - I mean how is that even biologically POSSIBLE with such a small amount!!!
I then started getting ready for an appt - but couldn't find my belt anywhere - and this belt was attached to the pair of jeans I'd had on yesterday - how the hell can a pair of jeans disappear overnight?? So it was off to the appt praying my jeans didnt end up round me ankles half way up Town Street.
Any way I hope anyone with worse problems than me will excuse my saggy tittied, tropical fruit mixless, beltless RANT!
Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.......do boobs HAVE muscles? :eek::confused:
Got measured in M&S once, lady duly brought bras to me.....none of them fit.....a size bigger and cup size smaller did the trick.....but she was being paid to measure and sell bras :***:
Are the jeans in the washing machine? Sounds very much like me. You'll probably find them tomorrow EXACTLY where you've already looked