Need Some LCFF Advice

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello good people of this forum, I'm in need of a bit of help.

I was diagnosed T2 in March, switched to a LCFF diet and have so far lost 3 stone, with another couple still to lose at least.

I had my second lot of blood tests last week and l'm a tad disappointed, I don't like the way my cholesterol is going, my results are (most recent results first, second figures taken back in June).

HbA1C 41mmol/mol - up from 40
Total cholesterol 6.3mmol/l - up from 5.6
HDL - 1mmol/l - up from 0.9
LDL - 4.5mmol/l - up from 3.7
Trig - 1.8mmol/l - down from 2.1
So l'm obviously over doing the full fat bit.
How do these results look to someone more experienced than me on this? I've resisted statins, I would rather alter my diet first.
Thanks in advance

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi , not an expert but I do low carb but dont go out of my way to do high fat, if its on there then so be it, I tend to up the protein if my total cals are a bit low.............

Also it could depend on what kind of fats you have been using................

Reactions: 2 people

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too much cheese l think - it's the LDL that's worrying me the most, the other two, I think l'm right in saying, are going in the right direction....sigh.

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Do you eat good fats? Oily fish etc. I can't eat fish, as I can't digest it properly. So I've just started on flax oil capsules. Not sure yet if it's too early to see a difference. But maybe something you could look into.

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat, tuna, mackerel occasionally salmon, should be eating more of them I think...

tigz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
old injury hinders most exercises, even swimming
I don't to bore anyone so please bear with me!

After 21 years diagnosed t2, insulin was the next step - started LCHF-ing May and took control of my life. After just a few weeks blood down from 8.6 ( victoza glic metf and simvastatin) to 6.6 avg and stopped victoza.

Six month check up today DN asked what my secret was - For what I said - Sugars now avg 5.7, cholesterol down from 3.2 to 3.1, weight down 15. 6 to 13.9 she nearly fell off her chair!!

She complimented me on my hard work! I told her there was no hard work involved and I wished I'd been directed 20 odd years ago. I followed the book and the book was wrong. Now I'm in control and loving it!

DN is so impressed she's keen to look into it and suggest to others....result! I really do hope she does!

Meds have been reduced and potential for no meds is round the corner.

I started this new way of living to get control of my sugars but there have certainly been additional bonuses along the way.

And it's all down to the person who wrote about getting the drop in their sugars all those months ago and inspired me to get a grip!

Thank you to you all for your inspiration and suggestions and if you're struggling don't give up, it really is that simple.

Crushed pork scratchings with a little almond flour and flax seeds along with 14 spices and some chicken makes just the best chicken nuggets/ zinger equivalent / coating for kievs that you ( and all the disbelievers) will ever have tasted - live by the motto ... I can't believe it's no-carb

Sincere thanks and best of luck on your journeys x

Reactions: 6 people

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi saw an article since you first posted this........ seems its quite normal for cholesterol to rise in the early stages of LCHF...........

sorry but cant remember where I saw it ...........

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @mfactor, I expected it with my first set of results in June but kinda thought by Oct it would be levelling out, I've been LCFF since March