What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Succumbed to a panini made for me by my well meaning sis-in-law
Oops.Three times round the block, double march

B Gloop. Bad mistake. Left some milled chia & linseed to soak in almond milk overnight with berries, stuck it in the microwave this morning and ate it. Been feeling like I swallowed a barrage balloon ever since
L Beef & tomato soup, small bits of almond cheese biscuit
D Would have been roast lamb, but still feel full, so will be poached salmon & ginger sauce and some steamed veg

Reactions: 9 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Well today and I am being really honest here.This morning two coco pops and a little milk.
no lunch except a quarter of a teacake at 3.30 pm as I was hungry a very few chips from my grandsons meal at KFC that does nog Di my stomach any good and a whole tea cake at 5 o'clock as I am waiting for my daughter to do dinner of chicken pie mash potatoe and baked beans. I must add she never cooks with any fat. This the sort of day when I visit here. I never eat lamb pork liver kidneys beef very rarely eat bread eggs cheese or burgers but I do have a sweet tooth but I am doing something to change that since being here on the forum. I really am interested in trying a low carbon diet if I can do it. I am on wright watchers and will talk to my leader Friday.

Reactions: 4 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 100g full fat Greek yoghurt, kiwi fruit, few strawberries, handful mixed nuts - brazils, almonds, walnuts.
L: Fried egg, two rashers of bacon, grilled tomato, buttered chestnut mushrooms.
S: 2 squares JD Gross 81% Lidl chocolate, also Lidl Sicilian green olives.
D: Salmon fillet with big mixed salad including avocado, dressed with EVOO.

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
B Gloop. Bad mistake. Left some milled chia & linseed to soak in almond milk overnight with berries, stuck it in the microwave this morning and ate it. Been feeling like I swallowed a barrage balloon ever since

Yes, that particular combination has the same effect on me. I think it's the linseed that causes the problem with me because barrage balloon-wise I'm okay with just chia. Only problem is the added linseed stops the chia from raising my bg too much. Must admit, I've never had it heated up. Was it nice?

Reactions: 2 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DeejayR you're brave

B - 2 boiled eggs because those darn avocadoes aren't ripe yet.
L- I got dragged off to Sainsbury's by my mother and bought fish but forgot shell-on prawns, so nothing.
Snack - mug of vegetable bouillon
D - MrCeleriac made a beef curry and fried poppadums (6.5g carbs each) in the wok. I had one, with my curry on top. I hope it doesn't raise BG too much as it was quite big, but very thin.

Evian 50cl x 3, Earl Grey w/soya milk x4, Stomach Ease tea x1, Moroccan mint tea x1

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: mix of seeds, coconut milk, cacao and an egg put into the microwave, then some double cream on top (not recommended)
L: chilli with cauliflower and extra olive oil (delicious)
D: carrot, then omelette with cheese, tuna and red peppers (oh, it was like pizza, but better!!!), some kefir and a piece of low-carb raspberry ripple as dessert

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. Burgen toast with corned beef - hi @britishpub
L. 2 small chicken legs ( out shopping with sis who are double choc muffins)
D. Baked ham, home-made coleslaw with 1/4 frittata
S. 3 pieces crispy bacon, 5 almonds, 3 walnut halves

Reactions: 8 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Burgen toast with corned beef - hi @britishpub
L. 2 small chicken legs ( out shopping with sis who are double choc muffins)
D. Baked ham, home-made coleslaw with 1/4 frittata
S. 3 pieces crispy bacon, 5 almonds, 3 walnut halves
Hey 13lizanne, you seem to eat like a mouse! I reckon you must be really slim. No offence, I'm wishing I could be like you.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No. Probably work well as a 24-hour drain unblocker judging by this morning's experience.

Yes, that's the same Dynorod experience I had with that combines. One to keep in mind for a too many eggs day. ;)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today (upset tummy, not sure why) so:

Breakfast: Half Lidl HP roll, toasted with scrape of butter, water
Lunch: Fresh unsmoked mackerel and a whole lidl HP roll, water
Work tea: Cold roast chicken breast, salad with avocado and 3 cherry tomatoes.
Supper: Half lidl roll with either butter or cream cheese.

Tea and supper entirely depend on how my tum reacts to lunch. :eek:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting experience, yesterday.
Out to a carvery with the In Laws.
I was being virtuous, partly because I didn't want to fall asleep in the cinema after, and partly cos, you know, I am a saint.

Anyway, had the full Carvery. Beef, cabbage, caulicheese, green beans, smidge gravy, teasp of cranberry and teasp horseradish (divine combo, by the way), and one roastie.
Everything nauseatingly low fat, and highish fibre and low carb enough not to be a problem for me, even that one potato.

And 2 and a half hours later I was ravenously hungry. not hypoing, just hungry.

It bothered me a bit and not just because it distracted me from Daniel Craig.
I shouldn't have been hungry so soon after that VOLUME of food.
And I shouldn't have been hungry so soon after that generous portion of meat.

Am I now so used to the high fat lifestyle that I don't feel satisfied with other foods...?

Reactions: 12 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1/2 Triangular Thing with a slice of bacon (only 1 left) and scrambled eggs, Tea.
L: Left over Roast Beef chopped up and mixed with Horseradish Mayo with chopped celery and some baby plum tomatoes
D: Lots of HID's much missed Bolognese with shredded Savoy cabbage, and some cab/shiraz

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hey 13lizanne, you seem to eat like a mouse! I reckon you must be really slim. No offence, I'm wishing I could be like you.
Still got 2 1/2 stones to go @MARGAR I think my stomach has shrunk a bit. Yesterday was hard what with my sister scoffing the muffins and me trying to hide my foil parcel of chicken legs from the cafe staff!

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was:

B - Peanut butter mug cake with a splash of cream (because I find the cake a bit dry).
S - Babybel
L - 2 Waitrose stuffed mushrooms (they were delicious) with some coleslaw and rocket
D - Grabbed 2 slices of Livlife with pate before going climbing
S - Peanut 9 bar and cup of tea (after climbing)

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today:
B - 2 slices of Livlife bread (one topped with melted cheese) and 2 poached eggs (from my Mum's chickens - they were delicious)
S - Pork scratchings
L - Chicken thigh, slice of cheese, rocket, 1 Ryvita crispbread (3.9g carbs) with pate, spoonful of coleslaw, cucumber
D - Either chicken and chorizo pasta sauce on top of green beans and topped with parmesan or cauliflower cheese and salad (depending which I fancy later)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Peanut butter mug cake with a splash of cream (because I find the cake a bit dry).
I found I was overcooking mine by waiting till the top looked done. By which time the sides and base were hardening up. Also I'm pretty sure it goes on cooking after you take it away from the heat, like scrambled egg. I now make mine in an oval bowl and take it out of the microwave when the middle of the top is still runny (about 45 secs). It then sets a bit more and the rest is softer.
I know it sounds picky but if a thing's worth doing it's worth doing right. We work hard for our treats.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. 1 slice Burgen bread toasted with cheese spread - !!
L. Bacon and egg
D. Baked ham, 1/4 frittata, green beans
Snacks (3).5 Almonds 4 walnut halves, 3 small cubes dbl Gloucester with chives
3xpieces m&s crispy bacon

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: cocktail stick breakfast - cubes of cheddar, chorizo, cucumber, tomatoes and a few almonds dipped in EVOO and eaten off cocktail sticks, cup of tea with whole milk.
l: none, just two cups of tea. Not hungry
S: strawberries, teaspoon of clotted cream, with some crumbled lemon coconut chocolate low carb biscuits on top. I made a batch of low carb biscuits based on the Bounty biscuits someone posted on here for Children in Need bake sale. I didn't have the coconut essence so used lemon instead. Quality control rejected two of them on the grounds of appearance so I had them instead!
D: leftover homemade veg soup

Reactions: 7 people