Bad temper

Langlands85

Hello, i have been an insulin dependant diabetic for the past 16 years (since i was 7 ) and i suffer from terrible moods-i got councelling a few years back from issues i had from childhood and that really lifted my mood but i constantly feel down and this i feel is not related to my diabetes. Many people think it is (docs etc) but i kinda just get on with it. I ownder if anyone feels the same or am i just being miserable-i feel il never be happy even though i have eveything i wanted-house,fiancee etc etc

Langlands85

Hi, i have been on Lantus for about 5-6 years now and i have never thought that this could be down to my insulin. I guess you ahve to trust the docs when they decide which insulin to put you on and because i have had it from such a young age i tend to just agree. I had a look at the website you provided and i have many of the problems they state.....etremet iredness.......feeling like im a different person,weight gain (slight). Thanks for your help.

lionrampant

I guess you ahve to trust the docs

Only so far as you trust the guy who puts new tyres on your car. If you read that (for example) Arrowspeed 175s were suffering from blowouts every time the road was wet, you'd tell the guy at KwikFit to get stuffed if he tried to fit them. Same with diabetes and insulin I'm afraid.

MattyBoy

Ive been a type 1 diabetic for 3 years now. I can get moody easily but thats usually on a Sunday when theres nothing to do.Lol. I have recently split with a girl friend who I was with for 2 years and im currently 17 comming up 18. I get very moody when my sugar level is high but thats because I want to keep control of it.

Sweet3x

I only get bad/short tempered when my blood sugars are running high. It's one of the ways my other half knows things aren't right, when I argue with him over what type of veg to have with dinner. Have you tried checking your levels when you notice it?

Edit - by the way, it is a known thing that people with diabetes are more suseptible to depression/depressive bouts. That could be what your doctor means when he says it's related?

weedwhacker

same as matty boy for me too, going through a realy rocky patch with my wife that im not sure if we can sort.
been married for 15mths now.
i do loose my temper very easy and its cause i cant get her in my mind to listen to or understand me.
this fustrates me so much that we normaly end up in heated argumets.
its driving her away.
i love her more than anything but not sure there is anything i can actualy do..
totaly unrelated matty thats a sweet mk2 you have there.

Fujifilm

I am the same when blood sugars running high, bad tempered and irratable. Although my wife says I am a bd tempered irratable sod all the time. :lol:

C

catherinecherub

Hi weedwhacker,

If you still love your wife and don't want the marriage to end then you will have to do some serious work. Communication is what is needed here. She needs to tell you how she feels and why and you need to do the same. Have you got a mutual friend who you can use as a mediator or would you consider Relate?

After 15 months you both should be head over heels in love and still in the honeymoon stage, not breaking up. If your anger is driving her away then you need to tackle that head on. We cannot blame every personal trait on our diabetes can we? There are plenty of people with a bad temper who don't have diabetes. Ask your Dr. to refer you to a psychologist who may be able to help you manage your temper.

It is too early to break up and if your wife sees that you are trying hard to sort things out she will hopefully wait for a while.

Hope you can sort things out for both of your sakes.

Catherine.

lizives

I get very, very irritable when sugar levels are up. Feels like my nerve endings are on fire and I cant bear to be with people when I feel that way. I wont say I am bad tempered but its better for folk not to come anywhere near me when I feel really bad. Is that normal for a type2? Seems to have happened a lot recently when I had a virus and feel depressed. Controlling BS helps but it happens more and more often. :( Sorry I cant offer any advice, I need it myself so will be watching this space.