craving sweet food

nat nat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi can anyone relate with me i have been diagnosed type one for over ten years i carbohydrate count but find i am constantly craving sweet things i have always had a sweet tooth but over the past few years it is getting worse i feel i am constantly nibbling sugary treats therefore injecting numerous times a day
Many Thanks

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes. Though I'm T2 and I've never had a sweet tooth (I always missed my pudding, in favour of a second helping of savories), I still crave something sweet about 20 mins after eating a main meal.

The only time I didn't was when I was on the Newcastle Diet and was really low carbing. About 3-4 days into it, the cravings stopped, but they came back when I went off the diet.

As I see it, it's a bit like when I gave up smoking: The urge never leaves you, but it only lasts a very short while. If you can hang on for a minute or two, it'll go away.

Reactions: 2 people

Cassandra13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I definitely have a sweet tooth! I especially miss sweets after dinner. I find a couple of squares of really dark chocolate, or a mini-bag of kettlecorn popcorn (100 cal bags) are a perfect sweet snack for under 15g of carbs. I found that the more I denied my cravings, the more I would think about sweets and eventually over-do it. When I know I get to have a sweet at the end of the night, I don't really miss it during the day!