Best meter?

Olifa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thinking of switching meter as the test strips are really pricey and by law in only untitled to 4 boxes if test strips.

So as I'm making the change which meter is the most accurate? Or which one are most of you using?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thinking of switching meter as the test strips are really pricey and by law in only untitled to 4 boxes if test strips.

So as I'm making the change which meter is the most accurate? Or which one are most of you using?
a) What are you on and b), there is no law limiting the number of test strips you need as a type 1. Your surgery should provide as many as you need. @noblehead can provide the letter to give to your surgery!

Reactions: 2 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the Accu-Chek Mobile because you can just pick up/carry around a single item and not have to mess around with a separate lancet and boxes of test strips etc. Never had any problems with the accuracy.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad blood sugars, not being able to eat chocolate fudge cake.
Im currently using a contour next which i got for free from Diabetes UK. Its the best meter out there in my opinion. Its got a USB which allows you to connect it to the computer and it links to software which shows all of your readings and loads of cool graphs of your bloods over a certain time period. It also charges in the computer, battery lasts for weeks and it is a really slim looking meter. Couldnt give a negative bit of feedback about it at all