Type 2 Blood sugars during the night.

CharlotteLouise2468

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't even eat it really

I had a small bowl of mushy peas instead (like two heaped tablespoons)
I just picked round my salad.

It said on packet there wasn't much carbs on the cooked couscous so I halved the portion and mixed with salad but yeah didn't really touch it.

Reactions: 2 people

MCal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just been diagnosed with Type 2 and persuaded my diabetic nurse to give me a test meter. I have been using it for several days and was surprised to find on the third day my fasting sugars were much higher than the night before. I'm trying to fast for 16 hours and eat between 1pm and 9pm. I'm really interested in the idea that the liver dumps sugars into your system when the sugars drop too low, perhaps I'll try to include breakfast and see what happens.

Romeran

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm sitting up in bed at 2am reading this discussion while trying to persuade myself I'm not hungry! T2. I used to take 2 Gliclazide and 2 Metformin each day and only woke up in the night if my BG was lowish, ate a snack and usually went back to sleep. Since moving to a new area 18 months ago the rather bossy nurse insisted I changed to 1 Gliclazide and 3 Metformin per day. This increased my appetite, which she wanted, but I often feel hungry when, on testing, my BG is too high for snacking. Eating more protein does help and I have never heard that it also turns into sugar inside the body. However, it is rather expensive! Also I limit cheese intake as I cannot tolerate too much fat. So is endless chicken the answer? (Meat is expensive for me as I will only eat free range, organic, etc.)

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Romeran, I'm awake too, and snacking! Can you tolerate nuts? I have to watch animal fat, but do better on nuts, some cheese, etc

CharlotteLouise2468

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How about eggs?
Just crack two into a little bowl with bit of milk and whisk with a fork and then microwave for few mins. Scrambled eggs are super nutritional and don't contain much carbs or fat! X

Reactions: 2 people