Type 1 App needed

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a long term member of the diabetes club but have a question. I am looking for an iPhone app that will provide me with the quantity of insulin I need and then store date/time - BGL - Foods taken - CHO - insulin required - insulin taken both BASAL and BOLUS. I used to have an App that done some of these but I bought it in USA and now find it has been taken off of the Apple site.
Being silly if the app could also provide me with food data, the Calories & Carbs app would ideal, give me BGL without finger pricking and make me a nice cup of tea at the same time then that would be very nice.
At present I have to carry round lots of stuff for pricking and testing, and a laptop to provide me with the calculation and storage, and its inconvenient and heavy.
Thanks all.

Rob2006Scott

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use an app called "mySugr". You can record BG, basal & bolus, carbs, activity etc. It doesn't calculate your dosage. I find it very useful. I only use the basic level but it covers what I need. It may help and it's free to try.

Reactions: 2 people

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for getting back - what do you use to calculate the dosage?

Rob2006Scott

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm still learning carb counting so it's a bit hit and miss at the moment. I don't have a carb to insulin ratio yet.

fdebong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Rob2006Scott we're doing the final tuning of a bolus calculator in mySugr Logbook right now :) Hope you'll like it! Only a few weeks off now!

Aside from that, what are you looking for in an app?

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As I said before - I am looking for an iPhone app that will provide me with the quantity of insulin I need and then store date/time - BGL - Foods taken - CHO - insulin required - insulin taken both BASAL and BOLUS. I used to have an App that done some of these but I bought it in USA and now find it has been taken off of the Apple site.
Sorry for the delay but has that helped you complete your App?